1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Of men, women and equal rights in sexual behaviour

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, Apr 21, 2004.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yesterday, I talked to a lady about men and women, and certain aspects of interaction. At some point she said "you [men] would only stare at bottoms rudely" or something along those lines.

A few minutes earlier or later, I don't remember which one, she said she quite enjoyed looking at men's bottoms.

As you probably have already guessed on your own, I confronted her on that. Yeah, I know, I'm the Inquisitor from Hell.

So:

Chev: When you and we do the same thing, it's called "staring rudely" when it's about us, and it's "looking" when it's about you.

She: Well, we just... I mean, when we...

Chev: Spotted.

She: Oh well, I just look.

Another example, quite a common one. I don't even remember the conversation in which it occured. The point is that men are widely considered (by women mostly) to mature more slowly than women.

Quote 1: Oh well, I don't know. I mean, I know what I want, but not just this time.

Quote 2: You know how women are. That's how we are made, you can't blame us.

Contradiction? :rolleyes:

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Women are always right, and men are always wrong (except when agreeing with a woman, but even that can be dicey).

Remember that, and any man can enjoy a lasting relationship with a woman. :p

3. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

It's called the "Applicable to All Situations Female Double-Standard." All of them use it, and all of them deny it. It is an unfortunate fact of life for males.

Deal with it.

:grin:

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I thought it was widely known that one of the rules in the Women's Rulebook was that if a man figures out one of the Rules, that Rule must be changed immediately? It's sometimes referred to as 'women's prerogative'.

The only reason I know this for sure is that in the past I managed to get a quick sneak look at one of my ex's Rulebooks.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Try watching a woman demand equality yet yell at you for not opening the door for her... when you're carrying a damn 21" computer screen... FOR HER TO USE!

ARAGH!

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Your fault for not having more arms. :D

But seriously, when it comes to women, I know exactly this much:

Jaguar's Knowledge Of Women + 1 = 0

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just as there is an all applicable female double-standard we men have our own ecquivalent. For instance in the woman who sleeps around is a slut while a man who does the same is a Casanova. I am sure many many of you men claim that you dont think at all like that and to that I say that most of you are liars.

Intellectually I dont think like that but deep down it is how I view the world. The same goes for 99% of all men.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Actually, for a few years now the modern way of thinking has been: "A man who sleeps around with several women is a casanova." and "A woman who sleeps around with several men recognizes her own worth and is rightfully pursuing her dream of finding the perfect man."

Just as the recent cases in press here in Finland. A man is blamed for being rude when he went to bed with a woman he barely knew, and actually even talked about what happened there afterwards (the Millionaire Joe Finnish version). Of course nobody cares about the fact that it was in the woman's power to forbid this entire event should she have wanted to. But when after this ruckus the woman smacks back the same way, saying she enjoyed it (sex) for what it was but that the man wasn't really good in anything else, then she's hailed for being a courageous revolutionary woman.

Prostitutes, the whole lot of them people these days. Doing for fame and experimentation what could just as well be done for money. Wether man or woman, makes no difference.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What you point out Foradashtar is the PC opinion, what I said I knew on an intellectual level. Political correctness and what people truly feel are two wildly different things.

10. chevalier

Media:
    We all know feelings can be quite misleading. Political correctness is a pile of crap, which everyone knows. If we put both aside, just thinking remains. Pure logic. And that logic is scary. I don't care that much about ethical speculations or morals in this post - it's quite expected that people will have various different views - but it looks like crippled thinking, on a purely rational basis.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Discussions like that are of little sense :rolleyes: Boys vs. Girls :rolleyes: I mean, huh, what's the bloody point?

When boys watch girls, and they do, girls with self esteem seem to take pride in that. It's especially in the *blush/ giggle* phase girls take offense on that (because they are insecure still, just like the boys of their age), and, naturally, always when they actually dislike the person watching.
    When girls watch boy's bottoms, what's then? Are they as 'bad' as boys (who always want the one thing) ??!! Gimme a break! Well, it usually gave me a confidence boost when I noticed a girl watching me favorably ...

It's IMO totally pointless to be 'logically right' on such an 'issue', because it is a non issue. There is no point in making a good, logical, intellectual argument here because there's nothing to gain doing so. Grow up folks, there's better stuff to talk about :shake:

12. chevalier

Media:
    I agree that people with confidence appreciate the idea of being looked favourably. I've never taken offence at that, myself, too. "Feel free to look if you like what you see", sort of. If looked up and down, I typically smile or initiate a conversation. And if I look girls up and down they don't actually get an impression of being stared at rudely. However, that's not the point. The point is the difference - "we enjoy looking" and "you would only stare rudely" when speaking about exactly the same thing.

13. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think we pretty much agree that double standards suck. One of the best things about still being young is that you can find somebody who's company you will be able to enjoy.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Here's how my theory goes:

Women should face the consequences of their actions. For example:

Woman #1 knows she is attractive, so she wears a very low cut, skin tight shirt with a push-up bra, and hip hugger shorts just long enough to cover her "daisy-duke" panties.

Man #1 sees Woman 1 and looks her up and down, admiring her firm butt, and her excellent protruding breasts.

Woman #1 notices and not only takes offense, but yells, "pervert!"

Man #1 is confused.

Man #2 who is standing nearby snickers.

Now, if Woman #1 didn't want Man #1...or anyone else to look her up and down, then she shouldn't wear sexy, revealing clothes.

On the flipside, obese, out-of-shape women should face the consequences of their actions as well. Example:

Woman #350 is, as her number suggests...350lbs. Even so, she still loves to wear the same clothes as Woman #1. Even though she used to look just like Woman #1, she is now twice her age and more than twice her weight.

Man #1 says to Man #2, "Hey, there's a sexy one for you."

Woman #350 hears the comment and turns just in time to see Man #1 smiling and Man #2 cringing from the sight. She runs home crying to her broomstick of a husband, who now has to reassure her that she is just "big boned".

Both situations could have been treated differently by both women. Woman #1 could have smiled and said something like, "Dream on, big eyes" or something like that...just not rude. As for Woman #350, she could have treated her situation a lot differently. Since the two men were rude to begin with, she could have approached them and said, "You know, after giving birth to my triplets, I developed a glandular problem, and I'm working hard to get back to my old figure. I've already lost 175 lbs and I gave birth 2 weeks ago." The two men would feel like idiots and would probably apologize to her.

Personally I find it as a self esteem booster when I see an attractive woman looking me up and down. To me that means, that she likes what she sees and if I wasn't in a heavy relationship with another woman, then maybe she would be someone I could hook up with. :rolling:

15. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Dave Chapell has a rather funny joke that goes something like this...

I've noticed that women dress up and do their hair and nails and makeup. They go to bars, then get offended when they get called ho's. I mean, what are you supposed to call them? I just naturally assumed that because they were dressed like ho's, they were ho's. Wouldn't it confuse you if you went up to a police officer yelling, "help, help!" and they turned on you and said "What makes you think I'm a police officer? I should smack your mouth!"

16. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

On the issue of sleeping around you could always draw it back to animal instinct. Other mammals often have the 'alpha-male' who 'tends' to a whole flock, heard, group etc. of females. This is to ensure selective breeding to keep the group strong. Females aren't tended by many males simply because it would serve no purpouse.

The man who sleeps around is called a Casanova because it's a fair accomplishment. It is something very difficult to do (as a male) to have multiple female sexual partners (if it was easy it would be the norm). However for a woman to sleep around is an easy task (provided she is attractive in a certain way) since it's commonly agreed men will take sex when it's offered. The greater your struggle the greater your triumph (Thanks Korgan).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.