1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite music

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
  2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jazz, Soul, Lounge, Blues, TripHop, a little Drum&Bass, and some rock like Coldplay, Saybia, Dire Straits.

No house, trance, 'popcharts', metal or stuff like Green Day or the Offspring etc.

Exceptions: Aeryon (the human equation), and Limb Bizkit. I hardly ever play LB, though.

3. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I'm into R n B, Rap, Hip Hop and Dance. That's about it! There's alot of good music going around in that genre too and I love it! :D

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Chill, electronic, lounge, ambient, some techno and house in small doses; jazz in almost all its forms, espeically cool, be-bop, fusion and acid jazz; classical music, but mostly orchestral stuff, chamber music, if it's baroque, and some opera.

I like to listen to a lot of guitar stuff - Steve Morse, Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani, Greg Howe, Stevie Ray, Pat Metheny, Mike Stern, John Scofield, Larry Carlton, etc.

Rock (does that term still mean anything?); 60s stuff from the Beatles on is just great; 70s: progressive, hard rock, and a very small amount of FM corporate stuff...80s - great stuff and just about anything from the 80s I can listen to. As for the 90s and on...well...there are a few good bands, including, Coldplay, Audioslave, Evanescence, etc...and there's still U2.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Chandos, what on earth are "chill", "lounge", "ambient", "be-bop", "fusion", and "progressive"? They sound more like temperatures, rooms, energy sources, and political parties than types of music.

6. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Any songs sung by Faye Wong.

I like any music that sounds good to me so it varies quite abit but generally I lean more towards the softer side like ballads, instrumentals (piano, sax, flute, violins etc.), classics.

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I like a little bit of everything, alt rock, grunge, grunge rock, punk (Sex Pistols, Vandals and the likes), new wave (the Clash and those who copied them), blues, delta blues, blues rock, hard rock (Cream, Zepplin, Hendrix, Aerosmith and such), old school country (I can sort of tolerate modern country... so long as it doesn't make me feel like I'm in Italy in the 1930s), blue grass, folk, folk rock, country rock, jango pop, east coast rap, R+B, 80s pop (no metal pop though, can't stand the stuff), post-grudge, funk, funk-rock, pfunk rock (that'd be the Chili Peppers 84-87), Mo Town... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I like Irish music and heavy metal (the 2 greatest styles of music ever!), however I also listen to progressive, ambient, classical, folk and 80's pop music (the good stuff).

9. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

My most favorite music all accross the board is music with raw emotion from the singer. If they are giving it all they got, like they are singing for themselves in the shower. I think some of the most powerful music ever is Micheal Crawford singing in Phantom of the Opera. Put that in the stereo and crank it up, if you can still talk to people in the room, its not loud enough.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Now, come on. You made that one up, didn't you? :tie:

11. MrSnake Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'll listen to pretty much anything apart from hip/hop and definatly no country.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like all sorts of music to be fair. There's very little I can't listen to and enjoy. I suppose that Indie music is my favourite. Followed by dance, a bit of funky house, then rock (but not too heavy).

13. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Mostly Industrial, EBM, futurepop and so on these days, although I also listen to folk metal and anything that's loud, fast and angry... I also like classical and celt/folk-ish things, even though I don't much listen to it.
    :borg:

14. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Classic rock, punk, grunge, stoner rock, some metal, folk and country (alt. included).

15. Harbourboy

Again: what on earth are "industrial, EBM, and futurepop"? Seriously, this thread is just turning into a list of gibberish words. I thought we were supposed to be talking about music.

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Harb, most of those styles are explained on wikipedia.

17. Harbourboy

Bah. There are only really about half a dozen genres of music:

Rock, Pop, Heavy Metal, Easy Listening, Classical, Jazz, Talking, and Electronic. Coming up with new 'genres' just so you can distinguish your favourite band from everyone else achieves nothing other than giving music journalists something different to write about.

18. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I have to agree with Harbourboy on this. When I was young there were only about three stations, and they all played all kinds of music.

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

If you are talking about Western, music then it would be harder to justify using more than a dozen genres, but what would you compare 'Raga' in western music?

20. Harbourboy

You'd have to tell us what 'Raga' is before we could attempt to shoehorn it into one of our categories.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.