1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Shrek movies poll

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Arendil, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Yet another simple poll about movies...which film you like more (if any...)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 31 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Shrek movies poll (31 votes.)

Which Shrek film do you like most ? (Choose 1)
    * Shrek 1 rules ! - 19% (6)
    * Shrek 2 rules ! - 29% (9)
    * They both suck ! - 10% (3)
    * Both rules ! - 39% (12)
    * Didn't see them or don't care. - 3% (1)

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Shrek 2 all the way - Puss in Boots ROCKS! :D

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Meh, I didn't see either and have no compulsion to do so. Cameron Diaz I don't watch unless she is liberally balanced by other actors/esses.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I enjoyed both. Shrek I was fresh and fun but I'me with Arabwel...

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Shrek 1 for me although 2 was good it didn't have the freshness of 1 and also the music wasn't as good. I'm afraid Puss in Boots does nothing for me (if it had been Salma Hayek it might have been different) :)

6. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I voted both. I may have enjoyed Shrek 1 a wee more, but I think that is more because it was something new when it came out.

Anyway, Puss *is* the main reason why I would vote both. I just love that character :shake: .

The best scene in both movies definitely is when they chase Shrek, Donkey and Puss through the city (the "COPS" immitation), where they hold Puss up by the wall and find a bag of weed-looking substance in a little plastic bag :shake: .

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Both :D

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Definitely both. I wonder if they're going to make a Shrek 3?
    I agree (well, duh) but I also wonder if Ara thinks that only because Antonio was the one who voiced him. ;)

9. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good point there, Fel :D :rolling: .

10. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I think that both of them are highly over-rated. I was very disappointed by them, after hearing how great they supposedly were. I thought the jokes were all a bit forced and not particularly clever.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I don't realy like either of them...but I'f my life depended on it, I'd have to go with the 2nd one, purely because of Puss N' Boots. :shake: :rolling:

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I thought both were OK, but neither was great. The first was more fun, in that the second does suffer from the usual sequel shortcomings (ie, too much a sequel and not enough something in its own right). It doesn't help that I dislike Eddie Murphy. The dragon in the first one was fun though, and Puss in Boots is great.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Shrek 2 got me obssessed with Antonio. 'nuff said :p

15. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] @Arabwel: you'll love this.
    :grin:

16. Arabwel

Media:
    Oh, believbe me, I will.... *Purrrr*

:angel:

17. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Shrek 2 is best... oh yes.

18. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

For me second film is better. But I'd like to share a few thoughts about that - I've seen them too many times in the past few weeks so...

Bad jokes

To actually enjoy those films it is necessery to ignore (or...ehm...to like...) such jokes completely. But this is critical - if you can't - stay away. That doesn't bother me much so I like both, also they are very similar in this respect.
    Equal.

Story

Shrek 2. More serious in many aspects (for me that's a good thing), richer (i.e. more happens), and also more interesting because of:

Characters

S1 has Shrek, Fiona and Donkey as mayor characters. Roles of Lord F, dragon and the rest are minimal.
    On the other hand S2 has Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, King, Queen, Puss (heh!), Faery Godmother, Charming (heck), even faery creatures play a more important role than in the first movie. And all of them have something interesting to say...heh...
    So Shrek 2.

Contrasts

Arguably the most important thing in movies, music, also in live performance of any kind in general. Sad and funny moments (or calm and full of action) following each other, sometimes even being both at the same time (like dinner near the beginning...). Shrek 2 shines here.

Music

In my opinion, and in contrary to someone above, S2 has much better.
    In S1 only one good for me was Cohen's "Hallelujah", in S2 liked nearly all of them from opening song (never heard that before...), through Tyler's "I need a hero" (great hit once upon a time) to "Living la vida loca" (sp?) (btw Murphy&Banderas performed that much better than R. Martin (ugh...)).
    And "Poison Apple Inn" pianist rocks !
    Shrek 2.

Quotes & moments to remember

Ah, too many to remember ! Few of those below...(only from Shrek 2 - the winner for me)

King
    "Who on earth are they ?"
    Queen
    "I guess that's our little girl..."

Queen
    "It's so nice to have family together for a dinner."

Faery Godmother
    "Oh, look at you ! You're all...erm...grown up !

Puss
    "I hate mondays"

Whole "Poison Apple Inn" is great.

One poor white dove...

Am I the only one that laughed when Shrek/Donkey/Puss runs-against-physics in Faery
    Godmother cottage ? Good music is acompanying that, too.

Whole "I need a hero" sequence - ball from one side, and quite funny/serious "siege" from the other. Great.

Final

You know that you watched those films too many times when you write so long and pointless articles...sigh...but I've had so much fun I couldn't resist...

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, if there is an offshoot with Puss N' Boots this is no guarantee that Antonio Banderas is going to do it. He is the reason the character is so great.

I liked the second Shrek more than the first (although I think both are great) because I felt the story was a little more interesting and they explored the personalities of the characters that were introduced in the first movie. I also loved the new characters.Jennifer Saunders, the actress who played the fairy god mother has been a favorite of mine ever since I started watching Absolutly Fabulous. She is hilarious. And of course Antonio Bandaras is even sexy with just a voice.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

shrek2. it was hilarious.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.