1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A few extra items

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Whoz-UR-Daddy, Mar 9, 2001.

1. Whoz-UR-Daddy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Since everyone knows (or maybe I just carry too much crap) it seems like the amount of extras I can carry is always filling up. Is there any use for the following items or should I just discard them. I am just about to start Chapter 4 my first time thru so please bear with me.

Items:
    Mask of King Strohm III - I used it to kill the fire elemental. Not sure if you can see anything else with it.

Orcish Cookbook

Dog Bones - From somewhere, don't recall where. I only remember them being chewed on and fighting Umber Hulks a few minutes after.

Symbol of Amaunator

Tombelthen's Journal - I only have the 2nd half. Not sure if there is even a first half.

Notes from Mazzy - also includes map to forest just north of Imnesvale. Do not see forest on map, and I did not have Mazzy join the party.

2. Jefe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] The only one worth anything is Tombelthen's Journal, and that only if you are a Ranger. It goes along w/ one of the stronghold quests.

Mask of King Strohm- done once you kill the guardian
    Note from Mazzy Fentan- only to mark temple ruins on your map
    Dog Bones- left overs from the umberhulk's previous meal in D'Arnise keep
    Symbol of Amaunator- used to reach the shadow dragon

I don't remember if you mentioned others, but you're ok with littering. Or place them in a chest @ your stronghold so you can always pick them up later (packrats only)

3. Whoz-UR-Daddy Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Thanks for the help. For some stupid reason I chose the Cavalier so I never got a stronghold, or at least yet. Also I never put together the Flail of Ages, and when I went back to the D'Arnise keep I am locked out. Anyone else have this problem?

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

As I understand it, once you complete the DeArnise Keep quest and you are not a fighter, you cannot re-enter the keep. If it isn't your stonghold, you are pretty much shut out I believe.

5. Jefe Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Don't worry about Flail of the Ages. It will take awhile, but Crom Faeyr is much better. Put your proficiencies in war hammer.

As for your quests, I believe you get them through Order of the Radiant Heart. I'm not sure though because I haven't played a paladin yet. I prefer slaying them this time around.

6. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Can't you enter the keep through the secret entrance again? Of course, my guards will be waitng for you, because I'm the ruler of the keep now! :p :D
    BTW All items are cleared once you killed the big trolls in the cellar o fthe keep, so I guess it doesn't any good for you if you can enter the keep again...

7. Whoz-UR-Daddy Gems: 2/31

I have all 3 heads to the Flail. I just never forged it. Minor boo boo on my part. Hehehe.

8. The burial mask is actually helpful. It is helm that protects from criticals, and fits everyone!

bgp

9. Jefe Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] I forgot about that bgp. Usefull if your mage gets caught w/ the proverbial pants down. Or robes.

10. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31

I just left it with the runes, where you need that roguestone for, d*mn! Nalia could use a helm!

11. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31

where are the parts to the crom fayr?

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    They're all over the place. The Shadow Dragon has one. One is in the Planar Sphere. One is behind a locked secret door in the sewers under the Temple District. And the final piece is in the Kuo-Toa part of the Underdark.

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Very wrong, of course, Crom Fayr is very powerfull but.... You get it after a long time, when you're already very powerfull (when I got Crom Fayr, I had Celestrial Fury, Carsomyr, and even The Equalizer already.) I got FLail of the Ages at day 3 of the game and THEN it is the best weapon in your party, and it also kills throlls cause of the acid....... So my advice when you start is: Givce your ranger 2 + on flails and when you get the other profiency slot to spend, put them on War Hammer.......

14. Mage_0 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Where in the planar Sphere is the bit of Crom Faer.

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    At one of the halflings.

16. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31

I only need the girdle of frostgiant strength, but is it worth it?
    I mean, Jaheira is a pretty good fighter now, because of the gauntlets of ogre power.
    When she loses them, she isn't a good tank anymore...
    Also my main character has a strength of 19, but a str. of 21 could come in handy to!
    And the hammer does quite some damage from itself!
    I think I'll just save the game before I forge them together and then wander a couple of days to try it out...
    I'd like to have your thoughts on this...

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I definitely found it worth it since there are other girdles you can buy to enhance strength. I personally feel you're only losing the Gauntlets of Ogre Power which are the worst of the strength enhancing items available (not that it's bad). Give the weapon to the person who needs the strength enhancement if you don't have enough to go around (but I suppose you'd have had to plan ahead for that).

I had no regrets forging it. It's a +5 weapon (the only one of the forged weapons that's +5), it gives you a strength boost, and it slays certain creatures instantly (many pesky golems). I loved it and didn't miss the Gauntlets of Ogre Power at all.

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

It's realy worth it. And there's also the girdle of hill giant strength str. 19. Think about the possibilities of this weapon, you can kick very hard with it, best is to put it in your Off-hand (thaco +5) and put a very powerfull weapon in the main hand too.... What about kicking with The Equalizer / Celestral Fury in your main hand with str 25, and have a low Thaco very powerfull offhand too! A lil mo' interesting then Jaheira with str 18 :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.