1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Guess the Dictator and/or Television Sit-Com Character

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by The Great Snook, Dec 29, 2004.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Enjoy, this fascinated my entire office. It probably torpedoed productivity, but what the heck, it is the end of the year.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How the hell did it do that?!!?!? I am impressed, I picked Dr Cox from Scrubs and it got it, took it a while but it got it. I reckon it must build up a data base when people use it.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    lol...I'm Kevin Arnold from The Wonder Years.

I haven't seen that show in the longest time! :rolling:

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have only been able to stump it once. That was with Commander Adama from Battlestar Galactica. Although that was technically it may have been right, as it gave me the answer Commander (something I don't remember) Adama from Battlestar Galactica 2003. I was thinking about the original one (Lorne Greene).

It then asked me to provide a question to seperate the two.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I stumped it with Theodora of Byzanteum but it was really close and it might have been right and just misspelt the name cause it first asked me something about disregarding spelling and then answered something that started with Th and then of Byzanteum but it was pretty far off so I said it wasnt correct.

Is Battlestar Galactica a sitcom?

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Very cool link. I tried a lot of stuff, but it gets it right every time. I thought I had beaten it with Doug from The King of Queens, but I later tried the same character again and it got it correctly. I probably answered a question wrong or something like that.

And I don't think you necessarily need to think of a sitcom character. It has characters from other series as well.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I'm George from The Jeffersons.

Who the hell is that? :)

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow! Tried it six times, and it got all of them:

- Roseanne
    - Raymond (Everyone Loves ...)
    - Edith Bunker
    - Dino the Dinosaur
    - Sgt. Schultz (Hogan's Heros)
    - Douey (Malcolm in the Middle)

Pretty impressive.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So you clicked "yes" that you were female? :lol: :rolling:

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Kyahahah... fooled it - I was thinking Craig from Malcom in the Middle, but it thought that I was Drew Carey. Though the difference is not too big.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter seemed to do the trick, but I am not positive about a couple of my answers, so who knows?

12. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I stumped it with Yumi, from Ulysses 31 (gotta love old French-Japanese Cartoons...I want to see it again...).

And I also stumped him with No-No from the same show. I guess not too many people have tried it with that. (Was Ulysses 31/Odysseus 31 ever released in the US?)

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Damn, it got me with Al Bundy from Married With Children, I think answering 'yes' to 'are you married to Peg' gave me away.

Hell, it even got me with Asuka from Evangelion and Vash the Stampede from Trigun.. tsk.

[ December 30, 2004, 23:27: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I picked up a mistake (I think) the first time I played through and stumped it the second AND third times.

First time: I thought the name of the dog in Married...With Children was Buck, not Lucky

Second and Third Times: if I got it right, I stumped it with Tasty Coma Wife and Danni from Scrubs

15. joacqin

Media:
    The name is Buck, but he dies and in the later episodes they have a dog named Lucky.

16. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Steve Rhodes - and it got me. :/ Not bad.

17. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Damn this is fun.

Stumped it with Washington from Welcome Back Kotter. (Thanks to dmc for that idea.)

It got me on:

Fox Mulder - X Files
    Stewie - The Family Guy
    Bobby Hill - King of the Hill
    Faye Valintine - Cowboy Bebop

I'm gonna keep playing and playing till I beat it again.

EDIT: It even got me on Balki from Perfect Strangers. Now that's impressive.

18. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Wow. It got me on both Frylock and Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Oliver Cromwell, and Debbie from Sealab 2021.
    That said, I did get it on Josef Stalin, so nyaa nyaa!

19. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I *think* I got it with Velma from Scooby Doo, but I wasn't too sure on a few questions.

It got me on Homer Simpson though. :shake:

EDIT: Beat it with JBL from WWE Smackdown.

[ January 01, 2005, 19:33: Message edited by: Xei Win Toh ]

20. joacqin

Media:
    You must have made a mistake if you stumped it on Stalin, I have tried Stalin and it didnt have any problem with it for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.