1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bion, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

nope sorry. a bit more recent than that.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Legally Blonde?

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

5. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ahh, hang on... that sounds familiar... Does it have Jake Gyllenhall in it? I think the move I'm thinking of is called Lovely And Amazing.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

nope, sorry guys, none of the guesses have hit the mark yet. here's a hint though (ill make it kind of vague as its early yet:

it's a spike lee film. i believe the exact words used in the opening credits were "a spike lee joint" ;)

7. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

25th Hour. I knew I remembered it from somewhere. Philip Seymour Hoffman's character says it after he's been seduced by Anna Paquin. That was my 4th favourite film of 2003. If I'm right, I'd better post my next one as I won't be on again for at least 12 hours.

"I've never been attacked by a tree."

[ August 31, 2004, 07:22: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

9. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Evil Dead?

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I am drawing a blank on this one.

I am pretty sure that line was not in any of the Evil Dead films - or any other film that I can think of that involves trees attacking people (Lord of the Rings and The Last Unicorn instantly come to mind) - which makes sense since the quoted character is specifically claiming that no tree attack occured.

11. Harbourboy

Hmmm, I thought this one might be easier. Maybe this extra line will help:

"Do you think you could break a log like that?"
    "I don't know. I've never been attacked by a tree"

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Karate Kid II, right?

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Of course, The Karate Kid - part 2 I think. I think you might have added a few words into Mr. Miyagi's broken English though.

Damn - The Bunny beat me to the punch. Oh Well.

14. Harbourboy

Aye. You're up, Death Rabbit-san.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe just to confirm, right on the money HB :p that line cracked me up when i heard it in the movie ;)

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If it weren't for the fact that I don't have anything, I'd invoke the IJ rule, rather than wait for DR to post after waiting for two friggin' days. :p

So it's up for grabs.

17. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    CRAP! Sorry gang...I forgot I even made a post. Voops. Onward and upward...

"War is young men dying and old men talking. Ignore the politics."

Probably a big softball, but one of the best lines I've heard in years.

18. Takara

Media:
    Troy?

19. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Somehow I knew that one would be too easy. That's what I get for being late.

20. Takara

Media:
    Cool, double whammy. Hehe

hmm... a movie...

What can I get you? Coffee? Tea? Me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.