1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stats of the characters you are playing with?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Hassassin, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The best I ever got for my Paladin was 98.
    But the high minimum for Chr (17) makes this the highest stat character.

Starting BG1:

Str 18/95(just lucky, any xx/100 will do)
    Dex 18
    Con 18
    Int 8
    Wis 18
    Chr 18

Starting BG2 after getting all those BG1 tomes:

Str 19 (Strong!) :D
    Dex 19 (Fast!) :p
    Con 19 (Extra HP!) :shake:
    Int 9 (Needs work...) :book:
    Wis 21 (Woohoo!) :good:
    Chr 19 (Love, love me do...!) :lol:

Now for my Elf Mage starting BG1 for my 2nd run...
    92 is the best I've gotten.
    How the heck did someone get 103!? :bang:

Str 14
    Dex 19
    Con 15
    Int 18
    Wis 12
    Chr 14

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Next time I play whole saga, I'll take even less con (took 12, will take 11) and dex (from 13 taken to 12) and more int (no less than 15)

If my own strength proves much below 18/something, like 12 - unlikely, but still I think I'll take the actual value.

3. Hassassin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

:cool: A nice table. I just need to find somewhere conversion between kg and lbs yet :D .

4. Wargon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Im pretty sure its 2.2 lbs = 1 kg

Peace

5. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

How did someone get 103? BG being nice to me for all the time I used to spend ages rolling a character to get a couple of good stats :D .
    Basically, the luck of the roll :) . And johnnyRTFM, I thoink that I would have been stunned for a few hours seeing that roll, good one :thumb:

6. chevalier

Media:
    People, does having all 18s give you any fun? It's no varied personality, just a total reaver this way.

7. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I did that test for 'natural stats'...

Str: 18/00 (didn't understand this either...)
    Int: 12
    Wis: 16
    Dex: 16
    Con: 13
    Chr: 17

I have to say i'm surprised for intelligence - I have Masters degree (a BSc) which is the 2nd box down - surely if its out of 18 that should be about 16?

Wierd did the INT bit again and it gave me 15 this time - again for 2nd box down... ;)

Ill take the 15.

So
    Str: 18/00
    Int: 15
    Wis: 16
    Dex: 16
    Con: 13
    Chr: 17

That's about right! :D ;) :p :rolleyes:

[ December 17, 2002, 19:55: Message edited by: komei ]

8. chevalier

Media:
    Impressive. 95 total. I'd say you're a natural born pally judging on distribution. Shall I tap you twice?

INT 18 is somethinq like human 175-180 IQ. You don't really get more and same in d&d. While 10 is average we can basing on both assume that INT works like IQ divided by ten with some modifications for education, because this is quite 'objective' intelligence, not a quotient reflecting how you do compared to others.

As I have said many a time in many a place, the IQ to INT converter is gone mad.

9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] This topic has turned into so much bull**** and should IMO be moved to the Whatnots Forum.

10. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] It is getting a little, well, :yot: isn't it?

11. chevalier

Media:
    Sorry, Vermillion, it was I who gave all the people the link to test their OWN stats this time. But, well.. maybe you take a try? :)

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Stick to the topic of the original post or the thread will be closed.

13. OzziS Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Have rolled a while for a ranger (Stalker) in Bg1 now and this is what I have got:
    str. 18/03
    dex. 19
    con. 17
    int. 10
    wis. 14
    cha. 17

By the end of BG1 I will have gotten +1 on all the stats, exept wis where I get +3. Then I will have: 19, 20, 18, 11, 17, 18
    What do you think. Will he be better than Valygar?

14. chevalier

Media:
    My present paladin:

Cavalier

STR 16
    DEX 13 or 14, don't remember
    CON 12
    INT 16
    WIS 17
    CHA 18

Longsword, single-weapon style. Weird? Well, yes. Based on myself, just for roleplaying fun. I'm quite tired with all those magnificent rolls making the game so easy as to just get through it without much *playing*.

Rolled in SoA.

15. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My current Blade:

STR: 14
    DEX: 18
    CON: 16
    INT: 18
    WIS: 11
    CHA: 18

Hes one of my finest character :)

16. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The first time I played I recreated my 3rd Ed. D&D charactor, with the same stats but at a higher level (I hadn't been playing for very long or frequently)

I rolled theese with 4 D6 per stat, removing the lowest dice roll per stat.

STR 13 (rolled 15, but -2 for halfling. I wanted to be stronger than average, 10, even though I was smaller, so I could challenge big people to arm wrestles. And win :D )
    DEX 20 (prime stat for thief, rolled 18, +2 for halfling, I liked to do "tumbling" acts as a busker and get money!!! :p )
    CON 15 (wish I had more, not enough HP, but OK for BGII)
    INT 14 (IMHO should have been higher to reflect on myself :D :D :D )
    WIS 11 (didn't see the need)
    CHA 11 (should have been higher for bluff)

I think that BGII is a lot more forgiving with stat rolls and it does not weigh much in the game. My Dungeon Master only let us roll once and we couldn't add and remove points from the rolls, but we got to choose where they went.

A lot of the abilities in 3rd Ed. D&D relied heavily on stats and you could earn heaps from busking.

Theese stats only added up to 84, but that didnt worry me too much.

A Monk I made up for D&D, but did not get recreated into BGII had a stat total and every one was pretty amased that I had rolled it after only one try. It totaled up to 96 (16, 18, 15, 15, 18,14) given in the order above.

I do like maxing out stats though, esp in my new game ( I mean, you are the son of a god!!!)

17. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

18. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

My solo ranger got these stats:

Str: 12
    Dex: 13
    Con: 12
    Int: 14
    Wis: 12
    Cha: 9

And I'm not using any kind of magic or strength-enhancing-belts. It's kinda hard to go through the game with those stats.

19. Vamp FlashRam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

my favorite character I ever made was taken from BG1-ToB. He was an elven fighter/mage named Talen-Srei. I rolled a 96 total on him in BG1, and ended up with the following stats:

15str
    21dex
    19con
    20int
    15wis
    20chr

Talen was played all in MP with friends on Gamespy, and my goal was to take him through the whole saga without dying (as I had already completed the saga many times at this point) Unfortuneately he died twice in the flesh golem cave in BG1 (I always go after the Ankheg cave and con tome before I reach 2nd level) and once against a nasty group of sirens outside of the Flesh Golem cave. He only died once in BG2 - ToB and that was my friends fault for running into a lich battle I was fighting at 9th level without putting protection from undead on...when I told him to wait outside. He ran in while I was killing the lich and...of course..the lich cast meteor storm and the rest was history.

20. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sorry about off topic but how can I play with you guys on Gamespy(never play BG" on internet, but I want to try)?
    Again I am sorry about off topic :confused:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.