1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Windows xp editor clash

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Zem, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Zem Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Recently I finally got around to getting a new computer a very kick ass computer top of the range, ultra cool video card 5 speakers blah blah blah

Transferring over my old files for BG2 I was delighted to think how smoooooth it would look on my new computer. installed the BG2 and loaded my old games
    Error corruption…..crap :eek: oh well I was not that far in and I wanted to try a different character class anyway,

I do admit to using the editor mostly to change little things
    For e.g. I like having Vicon.. Vicky (hehe) Aerie and Jaheria (sorry spelling) in the same party of course that means I have 3 people with cleric type spells slight overkill
    So Vicky I usually change into a monk (think acting like Buffy the slayer I love giving her stakes to kill vamps I might even change her picture profile to her) and make her good cause I get sick of bashing people up to lower my reputation. (yes that cheating I know) Go to edit and
    Error: New or unknown spell… :mad: I think that what it said hm problem I though it might have to do with importing my game from BG1 and the cow spell (I love that spell)
    So brand new game ..same error :confused:

I mentioned this annoyance to a friend who said there was a patch out there for using BG2 with Windows XP went hunting found nothing.

I so some one could help me pleeeeeaasse ( begging on knees) I would be most grateful
    :D

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    A normal patch might help too. I remember having the same problems.

3. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Just to be clear on this.
    You didn´t copy over the whole Baldurs Gate folder?
    You reinstalled it on your new computer and just moved the save files I hope.
    If not then there´s your problem.

If you did reinstall and moved the savefiles only then make sure your game is properly configured and that you have the right drives for everything. Be sure to go to your video cards homepage and get the latest drivers for it because XP´s drives are abit outdated for graphic cards.

I never had any trouble with BG2 and Win XP and I dont think there´s a specific XP patch for BG2 so just get the latest patch.

4. Ron the Gnome Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm having a bigger problem: I'm trying to install the game on XO pro, and getting a message % missing cab file% (sorry, don't remmember which..) I do not know if the file is form my cd or my computer. Any Idea

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.