1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to get 18 in stats & tomes?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by AK_Rooster, Sep 20, 2001.

1. AK_Rooster Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

hi well my first is how do u get all 18 for ur stats without cheating i want to make a paladin but its hard getting good stats i roll for like 2 hours a day and all i get is crappy stats ?

2nd question is where and those ruins that have those books or something that will raise ur stats and what stats will it raise and how much will it raise it

2. sorvo Guest

you can't get all 18's without cheating but you can get close!Sacrifice the intelligence for the paladin and you should be able to get all 18's in the other scores if you role enough. use search to find the "tombs".

3. AK_Rooster Gems: 3/31

can someone who is playing a paladin tell me what their stats are and if like intelegance or anythign like that effects dialog with npcs or anything ?

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Charisma influences your dialouge options.

I haven't heard of Intelligence changing anything. Not in BG1 anyway

Sir GraceAlot:

Str: 15
    Dex: 18
    Con: 16
    Int: 8
    Wis: 15
    Char: 17

He did fine. No need to boost all stats to max is there? Spend your time playing, not pressing the mouse button to look at numbers. :)

5. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] The experienced Paladin that i am will give you my stats.

str: 18:75
    dex: 18
    con: 12
    int: 12
    wis: 18
    cha: 18

The con is an option to change but that is up to you. i personally don't need lots of hp. In hit the enemies before they can hit me! :):D

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] let's hear how long time you used on rolling those numbers :p

7. sorvo Guest

I would take the time to max your stats out, especially if your going to import that character into bg2. I had str:18/00 dex:18 con:18 int:4 wis:13 char:18

[This message has been edited by sorvo (edited September 20, 2001).]

8. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

ahhh only 14 times Lokken i remeber it. a total score of 96 pretty easy to get with a little luck!;)

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] And here I used 50 times to get some crappier ones!!!! :p :D

10. Tiger Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

My Paladin in BG1 had these stats:

str: 18/81
    dex: 18
    con: 18
    int: 7
    wis: 18
    cha: 17

From memory I rolled for a while to get that, but it was less than a hour.

In my experience Paladins are quite easy to get good rolls on due to the high minimums they have on a lot of their stats.

In the end it doesn't matter too much as you can complete the game with most dice rolls.

11. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

well i seldom play a paladin, but my fighters stats are s:18/97 d:18 c:18
    i:17 w:3 ch:18
    He worked well but he shouldnt be to far from a paladin

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The idea of sitting in front of a computer and rolling stats for an hour just to do it "fairly" has lost what little apeal it ever had to me. Firstly, what's the point since rerolling isn't exactly fair anyway. Now adays, I simply roll a few times till I can create a character with the important details I want, then go back and edit them with whatever program you choose to get what I want. Now there is always the temptation to give all high scores to all relevant stats of course (but then isn't this what this topics about ;)). Usually, though, I try to balance my characters in some way or another that makes sense. I might have a fighter with 17 strength but high dex, or poor dex but high con. It just makes more sense doing it with a character editor than rolling for an hour. What's the point of trying to be fair and not cheat when neither way is really the way the game was intended to be played anyway?

13. sorvo Guest

If your going to roll more than once you might as well go all the way!

14. Magnus_G Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Why such an emphasis on high stats? I have found that getting a sum of 86 is more than enough to have a good character. What is the point of having all 18s? Do you want to roleplay superman? :1eye:

15. AK_Rooster Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] well ur right guys it can be done i finally got some good stats i figured since there are those tome things int he game for each one of ur stats to raise it by one then i just had to keep all my stats around 17 that would spare more for other stats plus i sacraqfised some of my int and these are my stats

str.17
    dex.17
    con.17
    int.7
    wis.17
    cha.17

now thats the best roll i ever got hehehehehe plus they will all be one point higher when i get the tomes hehe

16. sorvo Guest

You should have knocked four off the wisdom and put one in str, dex, con and cha! That's just my opinion so please don't jump down my throat.:)

[This message has been edited by sorvo (edited September 22, 2001).]

17. AK_Rooster Gems: 3/31

hehe not at all

18. Inferno of Balduran Gems: 2/31

My Paladin's stats were(without tomes)
    STR: 18
    DEX:18
    CON:18
    INT:5(ish)
    WIS:15
    CHA:18

I got them in 5 rolls

19. Magnus_G Gems: 2/31

Inferno, Could your paladin even read with an int of 5? That has to be the dumbest paladin I have ever seen.

20. sorvo Guest

Nope mine was dumber,they don't need int.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.