1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WTF? No loot on the Shade Lich

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by [GoodFellaZ] Voodoo Daddy, Dec 21, 2001.

1. [GoodFellaZ] Voodoo Daddy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi all

Please correct me, if im wrong here!
    I just taught the shade lich in the unseing eye quest a lesson (a tough battle though :) ).
    The problem is that he didn´t leave anything behind... I have dealt with this guy a year ago or so, and as far as i remember he had some nice stuff on him. Anyone have a solution, or please tell me what was supposed to give, so that i can spawn the items manually... (in this situation I don´t consider that cheating)

Kind regards

Mr. Voodoo

2. I didnt get nothing from that guy. Just golden limbs from sargophagus to finish the Mr. Gaxx quest. Its not that important.

3. Lord Sarevok Guest

Nope, nothing but the Golden Bones. These are needed to get the Ring of Gaxx(best ring in the game, without a doubt) if you didn't already know.

Besides you got the pleasure of killing his undead ass and some nice experience to boot!

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited December 25, 2001).]

4. Alith Anar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm not sure about you guys, but I rarely (if ever) find anything of value on the 'corpse' (???) of a Lich. However the 22,000 EXP is quite generous, especially considering how many INCREDIBLY powerful spells can beat the stuffing out of them. In fact, as I recall, towards the latter half of the game even my high-level Clerics could destroy them in one round of turning.....

5. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Well, if you're talking about normal liches then no, they usually don't have much on them. The lich from the Twisted Rune has a good sum of gold on his corpse, though, if I remember correctly. Then there's Kangaxx, but that's a whole different story and he's far from a normal lich.

[This message has been edited by War Nerve (edited December 21, 2001).]

6. Baldursgate Fan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes, I definitely agree with Alith Anar. With a sufficiently high level party, you don't really need cheese tactics to beat liches.

With my soloing monk, I took out Kangaax with Protection from Undead and a Cloak of Mirroring and killed his lich form with a single quivering palm. In his demi lich form, I waste him slowly with the Sling of Everad + 5, though I have heard of a faster method with the Slayer form. Have not tried it out myself.

Cheers

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.