1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spay or Neuter Your 3rd World Populations!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Kitrax, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hey, a thought just came to me...in places like Ethiopia and other 3rd countries where more and more kids keep dying due to starvation, why do people keep having kids? I bet that if a bunch of other countries go to 3rd world countries and set up clinics for free hysterectomies or vasectomies...or just hand out free condoms or other birth control measures, I bet that country will eventually be okay once again. If just one generation would stop having children then I bet their troubles would be cut in half. Anyways, That's all I have to say about that...for now. :rolling:

2. Riddley Walker Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

No I have a better idea... just exterminate the entire population of any country that has starving people... no more starving people! We could use some of Saddam's Anthrax or VX gas to do the job.

3. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Kitrax, unfortunately of course no country could survive the wipeout of a complete generation. [Traditionally a generation is considered 30 years, so effectively you'd wipe out the country completely]

Now the reasons for having larger number of children in 3rd world economies are much the same as why we used to have much larger families in the west. Child mortality rates were much higher, so to ensure that a certain number grew up we had to have many more children.

The problem now is that we provide the medical means to combat this, but not the means to support the larger number of children growing up.

However, since we produce more than enough food worldwide to support the world's population, should we not rather support better distribution?

4. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I agree with Viking, though I would like to add that in 3rd world countries, most times people do -0- planning for their old age, other than having children. There is no retirement for them, so they have children to care for them in their twilight. Forced population controls have been, to the best of my knowledge, anywhere from a complete failure to utter tragedy. I don't know the current status in China, but at one time not long ago Chinese families were limited to one child. The problem is, only men in China care for their aging parents. The women's parents can expect to receive nothing. So if Chinese couples had a girl, they would often times kill her so that they could try again for a boy. :(

You can see why you would not get any cooperation from the people in these countries.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

There are some who argue that Abortion in America is trying to achieve that result. A gross percentage of abortions come from the "under-class" ... welfare level african americans and hispanics.

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] You're all wrong. The reason people have so many kids in third world countries is becuase they are sadists. Think about it, how many of you would have children , knowing they were being brought into a world where they would have diseases, starve to death, or worse? I agree with Riddley

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    LMAO! @ Shell. Heh...why don't you contact your local armory and ask if you can have a few ballistic missiles. You could tell them that they would be used for a good cause!

Off Topic: Wasn't Ethiopia once a great country? I seem to recall that it was onca a very powerfull country back in the day...I can't be sure though, but if it was: What the hell happened?!?!?! :rolling:

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    maybe it had something to do with the Italian invasion?

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You mean the italians brought the stereotypical "passionate italian lover" spirit to ethiopia ... and the amazing population growth was the result of that?

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

People in third wotld countries are all generally farmers. Their children are used as farm workers (I did this in Mods a couple of years ago)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.