1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Is Bush a Moron?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Nobleman, Aug 16, 2002.

1. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] ...Right. I'd much rather have you militant conservatives in charge.

2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Deviant

you're absolutely right. The debates sounded like "well, I think x" "I agree, and I also think y" "I agree with that, but I also think..." and on it went. They didn't want to take stands on issues, because that might offend people. Maybe they should look at Jesse Ventura.

The Body 4 Prez! ;)

3. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] 'George Bush is the president of my country, and as such should be accorded a higher level of respect than this. Is he wrong? Yes. About absolutely *everything* in life? Yes! But a *moron*? Please.' says Metheny.

Indeed - calling Bush a Moron is an insult to Moron's everywhere!

Outside the USA, especially in Europe, he is seen as a Megolomaniac Warmonger... have you seen the classic movie Dr Strangelove? He is like the mad base commander guy who thinks the Ruskies put Fluoride in water to control our minds...

The world's lives lie in the hands of this puppet to the Extreme American Rightwing... Yikes! :rolleyes:

4. Kooran Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Bush was born on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple.

5. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Bush IS a moron... Plain and simple... Get used to it... AND... Be wary

P.S.:

He reminds me of the Pit Fiend you summon in BG2... not even close to smart... but with enough firepower to decimate an entire country quickly... and willingly.

[ September 15, 2002, 22:04: Message edited by: Shadowhunter ]

6. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] :lol:

A pit fiend - but of course! And I tried to remember where I saw that face before... :1eye:

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I did not vote for him. In fact, I cringed when I found out he was the new President
    With his actions lately, I feel my feelings are justified. I really don't want to find out what biological warfare is like. I fear, however, that if Bush continues in his current path, I'll find out anyway.

8. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Having just studied his life in Political Science, I'd say we need another Grover Cleveland right now. Cleveland was probably the best president we've had in over a century: he was honest, honorable, and didn't back down from anyone -- including his fellow American politicians. When it was discovered that he may have fathered a child with a prostitute, he didn't try to cover it up or lie his way out. He told the American people that he very well may have, though it could have been any one of a dozen men, and payed child support for the rest of the kid's life. When greedy capitalists and politicians tried to steal Hawaii from under the collective nose of its natives, Cleveland stopped them in their tracks and kicked the annexation bill out of the White House (although Hawaii ended up being annexed anyway after he left). Through and through, Cleveland was an honorable, decent man. Only problem was, he wasn't a politician.

Still, we need him now. I think the closest modern-day incarnation of him we have is Gov. Jesse Ventura. I agree AMaster -- the Body for Prez! Assuming the U.S. survives until the next election, that is :p

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I agree. Cleveland was such a great President, that we named a muppet after him.

But with today's Presidents I think the muppets and comic strip characters of tomorrow are doomed.

10. William Smit IV Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, I recall both Bushes (Dana Carvey and "folks round here call me Dubya") being members of the secret society "Skull and Bones" (frikkin' History Channel buff right here!). Believe me, it's true! His code name is "the replacement" :eek: . I mean, these totally unknown folks (to us) meet and say "I think this law should be passed," and the next day...plinko! law passed.

Maybe they're the driving force behind this whole "let's get Iraq's oil thing, global power for America (right on!), yadda, yadda"... All right, but, anyway, that's my two rambling bits. The whole secret society thing really irks me, for one.....heh, I'm not lying about this stuff!! You wouldn't believe what goes on around our (allegedly "our") government (and over and under). Quit looking at me like I'm crazy, too. :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.