1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ToEE/Co8 v5 issues

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Hi, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Hi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I am using the Circle of eight 5.0.0 patch. Issues I am having with my single class Cleric is that he only receives 1 skill point every level and he is unable to turn mobs. It tells me he is out of charges for some reason when he attempts to turn mobs. He does not start with a holy symbol if that is needed and I am unsure where to get one. He is a cleric of St Cuthbert.
    Is anyone else having these issues?

[ August 27, 2006, 11:54: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

A cleric recives 2 skill points per level, modified by the normal modifiers. So if for example you have a elf cleric with an inteligence score of 9 or lower, he will have a minus to skillpoints and thus recive less skillpoints per level, down to a minimum of 1 skill point per level. If your Cleric had a high inteligence he would have gotten bonus skillpoints instead and might have gotten 3 or 4 skill points per level.

Its not really that important, the only skill you really need is Consentration as a cleric anyways.

Turn Undead works different in D&D 3/3.5Edition than in 2nd Edition. You have a limited number of uses per day, that is 3 + your charisma modifier. So lets say your charisma is 14 (+2 modifier) you would get 5 Turn undeads a day. Also, the game rolls a couple of dices for you in the backgroun, that adds your charisma modifier (in this case +2) to see the total number of HitDice of undeads you can affect. then it picks the closest and weakest undeads first and turns them, if there are more undeads than you can turn hitdice the rest is unaffected. And lastly if you are higher level than they have hitdice they are destroyed outright.

So example, if you have a elf cleric with charisma 14, and tries to turn 10 zombies (with hitdice 2). you tell your cleric to turn undead, and he rolls to dices (2D6 and +2 for charisma) and you roll 3 and 4, 3+4+2 = 7, you can turn 7 hitdice of undeads, so you turn the 3 closest zombies (2+2+2=6 1 left) since the remaining 1 hitdice left is not enough to turn another zombie it is disgarded. Since you are level 3 and the zombies are hitdice 2, they will be destroyed, if you was level 2 they would only be turned (aka fleeing away from you).

Btw, both of these things are issues related to 3E/3.5E D&D and not with ToEE/Co8, I guess this is your first encounter with the 3rd edition D&D games ?

3. erkper Gems: 1/31

And also, there aren't any holy symbols - they were not implemented in TOEE. If your cleric has already turned his limit for the day, find a safe place to rest and camp for the night (8 hrs.)

4. Halucien Gems: 1/31

Anyone have any idea what Greater Turning is?

I've found that my Human Cleric with Pelor as her Diety have that option. And it destroys undead quite regularly. I'm happy of course but would like to have some information on it. :D

5. ShiningTed Gems: 1/31

I don't see Greater Turning in the manual, but yes, it does ring a bell...

Extra Turning (according to the manual) allows you to turn more times per day: the vastly superior Improved Turning allows you to turn at one level higher. Ergo, ignore the others and take Improved Turning :)

6. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Improved/greater turning should allow you to turn undead as 1 or 2 level higher cleric level than you are. Don't recal from top of my head.

7. allyx Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

***NOTE*** In ToEE you don't get XP for destroying undead with greater turning.
    For all your D&D 3.5 rules queries, look here.

[ September 18, 2006, 13:50: Message edited by: allyx ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.