1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tips for a starter.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by trillex, Oct 15, 2003.

1. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I hadn't really jumped into the game yet, all I did was play 20 min, delete it because I went to a lan and then install it again.

Now, I ask for tips for the starter. Is there anywhere to find some good starter loot or something else?

I'm interested in the frog in an earlier post, what was that about?

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I dunno 'bout anyone else.

But I loaded up Hexworkshop (Holy Mother! a really OLD version, but it still works perfectly) and chopped and diced.

Like, 31's for stats. 60k experience points, 6000 gold, and something else that I don't remember.

Anyways, I've not had time to get out of the first town. But I'd call it a good start. The hexing is super-duper straight forward. Search for name 4 times, and scroll back about 200 bytes to your stats and XP.

Gold is elsewhere; elusive.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Minor MINOR spoilers ahead:

I just started so I don't have any tips sofar, but about the frogs... It's nothing to do with sexuality, this is a 'age 16+' game, not 18+ :D

The frogs attack you at some point and they make a grapple attack with their tongue and eat you when you're not quick to get free. 'Tongues and eating' was reason enough for some friends of BoM-registered posters to call the game 'gay' :confused:

Didn't mean to start a flame, but this is possibly the answer to your frog-question.

4. trillex Gems: 13/31

Not that, but about that rainbow colored elven chain mail.

5. Manus Gems: 13/31

*possible minor spoiler*

Ok, I haven't started the game yet (just creating/planning characters and waiting for patch) but to the best of my understanding there are actually three differently coloured chainmails, one blue, one green, and one purple, one of these may be obtained from the frog, but I think they are all gotten elsewhere... This may be wrong so I suggest you wait until someone else gives a more knowledgeable response, sorry I couldn't give better details.

Edit- you may want to try out the walkthrough at gamebanshee, I haven't really looked at it because I want to be surprised, but they are usually fairly decent - sorry to plug another site Tal :)

6. Kiwi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

[​IMG]
    My party killed all five or six of those frogs, but I didn't try looting them after the first two or three had nothing to take. Maybe one of the last two or however many did have treasure; I'll never know now!

:eek:

Kiwi

7. bluey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ah rest easy - it is not the frogs at the moathouse who have the elven chain mail. Those are just wimpy little frogs - its the Uberfrog you might want to watch for. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.