1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Storyline

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Super-aap, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Super-aap Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've finished the game last night and i really was "shocked" by the fact that 15 minutes after i ended it i really didnt know what the actual story within ToEE is.

I know it has to do around with the battle on the marrows and the temple but from there on it becomes a mistery.

is there someone who can explain it to me a little better .. or give me a link to something where i can read a litte more about the greyhawk world?

ps. im a the only one who is experiancing (sp?) the game like this? I love the game, i can live with some "bugs" to name one I think is very irritating is that "non-PnP greyhawk ppl" dont know that magic weapons do..

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The story is this:

Iuz, an demigod cambion, and his girlfriend Zuggtmoy, a demon goddess, decided to make up a church to get more worshippers. They figured they'd make one based on the elements because it sounds niftier than 'lets worship demons!'.

So the build up the temple, make a minor artifact to support it, and generally get off to a good start. However, they end up in a fight with a nearby theocratic country and get get spanked.

Zuggtmoy is trapped in the basement of the Temple, because the good guys don't have enough power to squash her. Iuz gets away.d

Time passes and the Temple starts rebuilding. Lolth thinks this is a cool idea and sends agents to infiltrate it. Iuz and Zuggtmoy are working on schemes to get Zuggtmoy free, but they need outsiders to do it (tricksy wards, ya know).

The increase in nasty activity attracts adventurers to see what's up. They infiltrate the temple and get involved in the intrigues, realize the temple is back in business, adn then do something (for good or ill) about it.

In the p&p module, the PCs could end up doing anything from freeing Zuggtmoy to banishing her back to her home dimension for a really long time. Not sure how many different endings are actually in the game, though.

3. Belgarath Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Look at the site of Wizard of the coast: www.wizards.com for some backgroun information on Greyhawk

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.