1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I love you, BoM.

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Nakia, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] We tend to take the most important things in life for granted. We forget to tell those nearest and dearest to us that we love them.

Tal is working hard to give us the best forum there is and of course Loki can't keep his grubby paws away and does things like wreck a hard drive giving Tal another sleepless night.

Cleaning out my PM box has me nostalgic. BoM came into my life when I was having a drastic and difficult time. SP is family, friends and sanity in a crazy world.

I have come to care about people here. I've fought with a few and ended up considering them friends. I've even learned to spell a little better.

What would my life be like without BoM? The horror is too great to contemplate.

So: I love you, BoM. Keep the home fires burning and a light in the window, Grandma will always come home. :wave:

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Getting some sun isn't *that* bad. :p :shake:

The BoM also feels like home to me. I've seen members and moderators come and go, but the look and feel of the BoM has always stayed the same...along with a few members and admins. They are the reasons I keep coming back. :thumb: :rolling:

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Aye. I may not post much anymore, but this place got me through a very tough time as well. I hope it's around forever. :)

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Hear hear.

I haven't posted in a while, but it is still good to come 'home' every now and then. The BoM was my first experience with internet communities and I think it is still one of the most pleasant places on the web. I like to think that a few of the people here (most who sadly don't visit that often anymore) have made a real impact on my life.

So, I hope the BoM sticks around for a long time and I can drop by whenever I feel the need to hang around a familiar place.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    We love you too Nakia :D

Seriously, I couldn't resist feeling nostalgic as well when I went through my inbox re-reading messages. I don't think I've ever used the BoM to talk about personal problems, but just being able to log in and babble about everything and anything was a tremendous release during difficult times. It's strange, the feeling of solidarity and friendship you can get for people you've actually never met, and whose real names you don't even know! Every time I get into heated arguments in the Alleys I decide not to go there again, and a month later find myself reading and posting again...

BoM was the first internet forum I registered to, after years of reading posts here and browsing through all the goodies on SP. Even though I've joined a couple of forums since then, BoM is the only I read and post in almost daily. And it's all thanks to a wonderful community and excellent moderation and administration by the people involved.

And, of course, thanks to the Big Man (well, dragon) himself. Tal, you're the best :thumb:

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Here here. :beer:

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks, all. The best is yet to come, I promise. ;)

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Eee, yeah, SP is very comforting. I get on every day after school and is it relaxing. I love the BoM too!

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I believe, in a situation like this, the proper word is "wub", not love. :D :p

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The best is yet to come? I can't wait!

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Me too. This was my first attempt at joining an online community of any kind, and I believe it couldn't have been a better community.

12. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

You are still my favorite rouge...er I mean rogue Nakia! I don't post much any more, but BoM wiil always be a part of my life too. I have a friend that gives me grief about having online friends that I don't even know thier real names. I always say "Why do I have to know thier 'real' name, they still are friends"

Oh yeah, BoM is my first online community too!

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: Brallrock. I miss you. It's good to hear from old friends.

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    ...shaking, I fell on my knees, eyes full of tears and a big, dumb smile on my face. "I love you BoM" I said and kissed the screen. :lol:

BoM is my first and only forum I use, altough I do have an account on Bioware and several other places, but don't use them. It's members are nice (there aren't any other idiots like me), it's free of "halo be teh l33t!1!!!!!111" and... it's just so familiar looking with the blue colouring and gems. It's even my homepage, for Bhaal's sake!
    So, thank you everyone, Red Leader and others, for making Sorcerers an online home. :)

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Amen to that.

16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I think that about sums up most gaming forums out there :shake:

17. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

depends on the game, but generally speaking, yes that seems to be the case, so glad it doesnt happen here.

first forum i signed up to was BOM, least its the earliest one i can remeber.

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Yeah...BoM was the first forum I signed up for too...to ask a question about the first RPG I ever played...Baldurs Gate 2 - SoA...

I can't believe its been 4 years already!! You guys are the coolest! :) Here's to many more years with the BoM crew! Cheers! :beer:

19. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I am a senior member now, I must get a life.

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

BoM rules. First 'net forum I joined, and the only one worth the bother of posting in. There's actually intelligent replies, not randomly-cased drivel.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.