1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Well hidden items

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by StressedE, Oct 15, 2001.

1. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'd like to know what very well hidden items you've come across.

For instance in the unseeing eye mission.
    You have to solve riddles to make the bridge.
    On the right side you can pick up a warhammer +1 +1 lightning damage.
    Just like the one in the store.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I know tehre are a lot of people that have problems with finding Belm.

3. StressedE Gems: 15/31

I found that one multiple times.
    Can't remember where but I found it
    I just never knew the rewards of killing dragons so I never bothered.
    Gonna try that this time.

4. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Belm's in a bale of hay of the Ogre Magi's tower, in the Druid Grove.

How about any loot hidden under the dead Firkraag? I always have an enormous amount of trouble picking that up.... Oof, you've gotta lose some weight, man!!

In the planar prison, there's several containers (three, I think, actually) camouflaged into the walls of the structure. They're just about impossible to find....

5. Mirkwood Guest

The Beholder lair in the Underdark is the same... there are several stashes of loot hidden in the walls. If you have ToB installed though it's a no-brainer, just hit TAB and they are all highlighted.

6. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I refuse to use the tab key. I think that ruines the roleplaying aspect of searching a room. I mean now all I have to do is hit TAB and puff. Magically, I know where everything is at. While when I was playing through SoA for the first time(and BG1) I had to carefully search every room I came across and discover bit by bit where all the goodies were hiding.

[This message has been edited by Frog (edited October 16, 2001).]

7. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I feel a little dumb about this, but this is my third time through the game, and I just discovered the niche in the wall at the temple of Lathander, in the Temple District. That and there's a planter near the High Hall that has something in it too. Nothing special, a necklace I think, but it's a handy place to stash stuff when questing in that area. Something new every time I play...

8. Icing Death Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

lets make a list and say where all the hidden items he can find are, including items u pickpocket off people and stuff

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

In the Playhouse under the Five Flagons Inn in the props room there is a VERY small container in the Tower like thing, it contains some gems.

And in the Temple of Aumanator in Umar Hills there is a container of the same kind in the talking statue. You have to not be able to see the statue to get the gems inside it.

10. Hurt Gems: 1/31

I you pick-pocket the guy in the Adventures Mart you'll get a cool ring.
    And there's a drow in the underdark who has 5000 gold in his pocket.

11. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Yeah that regenerating ring.
    5000???

The ring is the only thing I thought was worth pickpocketing in the whole game.
    Except for stores.

Also in the thieves guild you can buy a cloak of the nymph only found that the second time I played the game.

12. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] You can pick-pock Kangaxx when he transform to Demi-Lich. You'll get a Ring of Gaxx and when you slay Kangaxx you'll get another one.

NOTE! This is the best ring by far in the game! :lol:

[spetznaz - Enough! You don't need to reiterate your pick-pocketing of Kangaxx over and over again; we've all heard you already. -BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited March 29, 2002).]

13. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Do you just *have* to raise every old topic up and comment on that stupid bug-abuse? Why not use shadowkeeper and edit everyone in your party two of them while you're at it?

14. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

rofl
    that would be harsh =)

15. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Dont know if it quite counts as hidden, but the upgraded mace of disruption (+2) is nice :)

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah...Upgrading the Mace is a fine job.
    There is an other one not very hard to find.
    I never bothered to search the Gate District. Went to the Inn...and found this hidden room. First I was quite surprised by the powers of a lich...I had never seen one before and thought it might be an easy job to kill it....
    After that I found my all time favorite undeadchopper.

17. Daer´tan Gems: 1/31

i do like the staff you find in the bridge district (Staff of the Magi) it´s niiiiiice:D

18. Ashnazg Gems: 1/31

Where exactly is that Staff of the Magi anyway? Played the game through several times but never came across the item....

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just poke around in the Bridge District, but make sure you have a Rogue Stone in your pocket.

20. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The Bridge district has several houses which you can enter and face some enemies. Especially when you're an evil party. But the Staff of the Magi (must have Rogue Stone!) is found on the right side, and start from the bottom to the top, there in one of those houses.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.