1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Which of our Mods and Admins have the best senses of humour? (One Year Later)

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Jaguar, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

It has been a year, so I am going to recreate my first poll I made on SP. Which of our Mods and Admins have the best senses of humour? (One Year Later)

Now, we all know that our great Moderators and Administrators (i.e., Taluntain, Blackthorne TA and Beren) not only protect us from potentially offensive postings, but they also contribute some pretty funny things themsleves. My repeat poll (pointless as it may be) is to determine who the people think is the best at comedy. One difference from last year, there is only the choice between current mods and admins.

To recap from last year: Out of a total of 93 votes, Taluntain won with a wopping 43 votes (46%); BTA was a close second with 35 votes (38%); Others from the past pulled up a distant third with 11 votes (12%); and Beren came in dead last with a pitiful 4 votes (4%). Hopefuly this time Beren might get a little more credit since he has been in the saddle a little longer.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 56 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Which of our Mods and Admins have the best senses of humour? (One Year Later) (56 votes.)

Which of our Mods and Admins have the best senses of humour? (Choose 1)
    * Taluntain (Alpha and Omega) - 46% (26)
    * Blackthorne TA (Master in his Own Mind) - 36% (20)
    * Beren (Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer) - 18% (10)

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Bollocks. Mods cannot have a sense of humour, or else they wouldn't be 'mods.' A stick up dead zombie probably laughs more than them. :p

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh, definitely. I do all my laughing for the whole year in advance, on January 1st, so I don't have to bother with it again till next year. Or until I ban someone. But that's the evil, muahahaha laugh.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oooo, Tal, what are you trying to do - influence the early voting by getting in a zinger right off the bat? :p :lol:

BTA, Beren - the gloves appear to be off. :D

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

"I think BTA is the funniest"
    "No Tal is more humorous"
    "What about Beren's obsessive Jaheira defending, that's pretty funny"

Excerpts from yet another butt-kissing thread :p

Hey we don't accidentely have a smiley kissing anothers smiley butt do we? I bet it would have been used a lot in this thread :rolleyes:

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Tal frequently says funny things, so my vote goes to him.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah, the old quantity over quality trick eh?

I'd say Tal has been more amusing over the past year. I haven't had too much inspiration for my sense of humor lately.

Well, other than in the AoDA, but that's more of a wry, "I knew that was coming" kind of amusement that I keep to myself.

8. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

No fair. To me it seems like its not really Beren's intend to be humorous. He merely does his job and is a nice, respectable person. I have seen posts of him that made me want to start to :roll: though.
    And he is probably just smart enough to know the rule: Never try to be better than the boss.

Anyhow, Taluntain has my hands down vote. Nice style overall.
    Oh and being a German humour is an alien concept to me anyway. :rolleyes:

9. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Tie-breaker went in BTA's favor due to the more funny custom title.

10. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I'm gonna go with the inspired IotW plaque captions. They just keep getting better and better.

Keep them coming Tal. :thumb:

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *waves a big "I :heart: Beren's sense of humor" plague*

Not to say that Tal and BTA aren't hilarious, but... *shrug*

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Everyone knows that Tal rigs the poll so that he'll always come out winning...so I saved him the trouble and voted for him! :evil: :rolling:

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hehe. Moi? Cheating? Never!

14. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I voted for Tal, I just got more laughs from him, with his own twisted humor.

Tal now leads with 14 votes.

15. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey, I'm only 1 vote short of my total from last year, nice ... :rolleyes: ;)

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I voted for Beren. And it's not a pity vote.

Honest. :D

[Awww shucks ... I don't know what to say. :cry: :cool: ] - Beren

[ December 10, 2004, 15:41: Message edited by: Beren ]

17. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

BTA gets the lifetime achievement award for his fine editing work on the peanut butter post.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Beren*

There, there.... I will always love your fabulous Canadian sense of humor!

And looky, your total is already 1 past last year's :)

19. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Tal has tried it.
    Beren has tried it.
    But neither managed to carry off calling anyone a Bozo like BTA does.

Go BTA :lol:

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Actually, I used that first (I think I had to explain this in last year's thread too). ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.