1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: New Module - Survey

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Alavin, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

My new module is nearing the stage where I can release the first part to be tested. However, there are just some things I'm curious about.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 5 question(s). 14 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: New Module - Survey (14 votes.)

What is the maximum download size you would accept for hak files? (Choose 1)
    * 1MB - 0% (0)
    * 5MB - 14% (2)
    * 10MB - 21% (3)
    * 20MB - 0% (0)
    * 50MB - 14% (2)
    * 75MB - 0% (0)
    * 100MB - 0% (0)
    * No Limit - 50% (7)

Why did you choose this limit? (Choose 2)
    * Slow internet connection - 14% (2)
    * Unwilling to commit more hard drive space - 29% (4)
    * Unwilling to wait - 29% (4)
    * No Limit selected previously - 43% (6)
    * Other - 21% (3)

Would you be willing to test part of a module, which would certainly have bugs? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 29% (4)
    * No - 14% (2)
    * Maybe - 57% (8)

Which is more important to you in a module? (Choose 1)
    * Story - 86% (12)
    * Freeformity - 14% (2)
    * Action - 0% (0)

Does the fact that the module is set partly in a modern setting put you off? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 14% (2)
    * No - 50% (7)
    * Maybe - 36% (5)

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I would love to test your module, but could you maybe share a little more information about it. like what is the main story (no spoilers of course) and following that, why is part of it put in the modern age?

PS: make the hack as big as you neat it to be, it would be stupid to miss out something, to make the hack smaller

3. Alavin

The story evolves as you go through it - at first you know nothing really about what's happening. It starts in the modern world for one area, as you work for a big corporation, and they test their big machine on you, and all goes wrong, and it goes FRish.

I know that sounds really quite lame, but there's more to it than that. You find out more about what's happening as the plot goes along.

Oh, and it's not just the first area that's modern. :) It all goes modern again later on, assuming you do the first bit without dying.

That's all I can really say without spoiling bits of it.

4. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

hmm it's sounds promising. well I'm still willing to beta test it, so send me the file or post a link to where i can download it

5. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I gave the "other" reason for selecting the size limit. For me, 10megs is when I want to see a review or reason that I need this large of a hak to play. I did the poll before reading the rest of the forum so I wouldn't be swayed and the explaination that part of it is set in the current world does give the reason. I feel this way as there are a lot of haks out there that add nice graphics but aren't really needed to tell the story and the mod gets bogged down with gadgets rather then good story telling.

6. Alavin

Of course, some extras are good to enhance the feel of the module, but haks in the region of hundreds of megabytes shouldn't be needed. It will probably need to be bigger than 20mb or so, due to the difference between a modern setting and the Neverwinter Nights default.

Currently I'm working on removing unnecessary components from the haks, whereupon I'll submit them to the Vault. Then it's just a matter of another few areas, and a demo will be released.

For the demo at least, very little in the way of haks will be needed (it's in the region of a 5-7mb download). This will be about 40% of the full thing.

When the demo's ready and the haks are done, I'll be posting links.

7. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

sounds cool, will look forward too it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.