1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any other books about Drizzt?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Kitrax, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I just finished reading the Dark Elf Trilogy and I want to read more about Drizzt Do'Urden. Are there any other good books with him in it? :rolling:

[ December 24, 2002, 11:59: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Your question is complicated: yes, there are more books with Drizzt in them; no, there are no good books with Drizzt in them.

I guess I'll save Tal the trouble: Go here.

For those who will take this seriously, may as well give the right answer. :spin:

[Edited for url to work.]

[ December 24, 2002, 00:57: Message edited by: The Deviant Mage ]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2017
  3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Thanks, I guess....But I'm more interested about specific book titles in which Drizzt is the main character. :rolling:

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have some splendid advice, don't bother. There are no other good books with Drizzt

5. griffin1987 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

i saw a new book in the book store the other day that went by the name of....The Thousand Orcs...im not to sre when it came out but it looked pretty knew to me

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'll be more specific with linkage: http://www.sorcerers.net/Books/index_fr.php

Half of that page is Drizzt books. They follow in succession. Just read the names of the series and you'll know which are Drizzt. (Everything from The Dark Elf trilogy to The Hunter's Blades trilogy.)

[ December 24, 2002, 11:58: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Oh and don't listen to the others.

Drizzt still rocks, they can't stand when a char gets little uber which changes in 'the thousend orcs'

Apeman
    (always defending drizzt it seems :( )

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What do you mean a little uber?! He's bloody well invincible, all the plot lines go the same way, he's gonna win no matter what, the characters are one-two dimensional and Paths of Darkness series is horribly written!

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

There is no problem with Drizzt (or Elminster, Alustriel, etc.) being "uber". The only problem is not taking into all the factors of being so powerful. That and most characters like Drizzt are flat and predictable; you can tell what he's going to do. No book is really a surprise. You know what'll happen to both parties and the end.

But honestly, go read Drizzt if you want to. If you like fight scenes, learning more about the Forgotten Realms, and overall like rogue Drow with pet panthers, go ahead and read it - if it interests you, then go peruse the books already. If the first few have been good (good being from your perspective, that is), then undoubtedly the next will be good too (good from your perspective as well).

On the subject itself - Sea of Swords didn't help much with learning about Drizzt. Other than the over-emphasized fact that he is a Drow who has shunned his race's violent ways. However, I did think that it did provide some good insight on the more peripheral characters in the Drizzt books (Robillard, for instance), and some were quite fleshed out a bit. Also, every book contains a bit of Drizzt's thoughts and views on his life - some of which might just interest you.

[ December 25, 2002, 05:29: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.