1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragonlance - What's your favourite?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by TBurma316, Aug 8, 2002.

1. TBurma316 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] In order of merit, and i'm only talking about the original authors books.

1. Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    2. Test of the Twins
    3. Dragons of Summer Flame
    4. War of the Twins
    5. Time of the Twins
    6. Dragons of Winter Night
    7. Dragons of Spring Dawning :mad:

And the War of Souls Trilogy Sucked so I could'nt possibly count them :D

2. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Definately the first three, in their orders. Really liked the dragons of summer flame and the twins set. Have to say my favorite of them all is book two of the chronicles.

3. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I really like Raistlin Chronicles (Soulforge, Brothers in Arms) and, of course, Chronicles series.

4. Mister Rogue Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I like the Time, Test, and War of the twins books best in the order that they were written, I have the "Dragons of...." books, but have not had a chance to read them yet (my favorite DL book that I have ever read is Kendermore from the Preludes trilogy- Kender rule!!) :rolleyes:

[ August 25, 2002, 12:54: Message edited by: Mister Rogue ]

5. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You guys are all missing the greatest Dragonlance, nay, fantasy book of all time: Lord Toede.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy meets D&D. If you can find it, get it :D

6. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

A book about probably the least important villain in the series? I'll pass, thanks :p

7. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

1. Chronicles trilogy
    2. Legends trilogy
    3. Soulforge
    4. Brothers in Arms

All Weis/Hickman.

8. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Blackmane: That's the whole point, actually. It's comedy :D

Guess ya haven't read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ;)

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Here comes another DL bashing from me, I read the first three DL books and then stopped. It is like a DM has written about his adventure group and a bad DM at that...
    The characters are the msot one dimensional and boring I have ever read about and I am baffled that ANYONE can find the slightest interest in Raistlin and Caramon, mentioning in the same lists as dudes like Aragorn and Gandalf for instance. Thats just out of my world...

Edit in: It is unfathomable that the a great write able to write the Deathgate Cycle can participate in the writing of junk like DL, Weis must have been in dire need of money or something or just plainly insane...

[ September 07, 2002, 19:27: Message edited by: joacqin ]

10. Prophete D'Acier Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

ANyone read Crossroads? Thieves Guild is just fabulous!

My favourite Chronicles book is Autumn Twilight.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Actually, the chronicles are based on a D&D module, that was first test-played by a group that included Weiss and Hickman.... THat little fact can be found from the introduction of Soulforge.

Ara
    (Raistlin and Dalamar look soooo cute together...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.