1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Game Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ziad, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

If Kam hadn't said it earlier, I could swear that was Deus Ex...

Delta Force?

2. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

:toofar:

I'll add another quote from the game to the list:

"Congratulations, traitor. You have unravelled my plans to crush the resistance... for now."

Having checked - this game was released in 1995.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Prince of Persia?

4. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

Nope, it wasn't that either. I'm sure a lot of people on SP would have played this game; it still holds up well for playability even now, ten years on.

To reiterate -

All the quotes given are in this game. Two of the quotes are from the chief villain, who doesn't get a violent come-uppance at your hands in the game.

It was released in 1995, had a sequel in 1997.

The protagonist of the game and its sequel is never named in either game, although speculation about his origin (it was definitely a "he") is covered in the game from which the quotes were taken.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Man, this taking ages.

Castle Wolfenstein?

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Red Alert?

7. Spiritoftherain Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Err. Red Faction?

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

*headdesk*

Sounds most like Red Alert. I guess the big bad guy he refers to would be Uncle Joe!

EDIT: scratch that; I just had a moment of uncertainty. Best to let NS decide, rather than get people's hopes up! Sorry.

9. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think Red Alert came out in 1996.

This is really irritating me, I think I should know this game. Though I think that a lot in this game.

It's obviously something where you never see the protagonist, which seems to limit it to 1st person or strategy.

Hexen?

10. Harbourboy

The Die Hard game?

11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

:toofar: for all of those guesses.

In response to Sparhawk's supposition: you do see the protagonist, but he is never actually named.

The "red" element keeps coming up; it's a step in the right direction, although it's not in the title of the game.

Another quote, this time from the last enemy you face in the game:

"We just keep running into each other in the strangest places, don't we, Captain?"

12. Harbourboy

Street Fighter 2?

13. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

No, not Street Fighter 2.

It's a PC game (although there may be console versions, but I can't confirm or deny that). It was a 3rd-person shooter/adventure in a futuristic setting.

Believe me, you'll probably kick yourself when someone gets it right; I would bet that most if not all of you would have played it or at least heard of it.

14. Harbourboy

15. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

Nope, not that either - although plenty of people I know have drawn comparisons between this game and Halo... the protagonists, at least.

The protagonist in this game, though, is the only traitor in the history of the Elite Corps he was once a member of, rather than its sole survivor, as the Master Chief is.

16. Harbourboy

Half Life?

17. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

Nope, forget about Freeman, it ain't his game.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Crusader: No Remorse?

(please let this be the end of it!!!! ;) )

19. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

Yes! kuemper has it!

As that evil bugger Chairman Draygan would say, "I've been waiting a long time for this!"

You're up.

20. Harbourboy

Bah. I've never even heard of that game! You said it was one we would all have played or heard of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.