1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Interplay is Dead

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yup, seems finally to be true (well, almost, haven't seen anything official yet, but every gaming site on the net is screaming that the end is near). Interplay is screwed. Gotta love those 'strategic alternatives'

Now, shall we celebrate, or mourn?

2. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Despite their recent indiscretions...I would think mourn.

This is one more step toward us all genuflecting at the altar of the anti-christ...microsoft.

When they get done acquiring Bioware in June, there will be little left but for us all to play Dungeon Seige X :(

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Nay say such vile things, yea spawn of *eeevil.* :grr:

*Does not even want to think that crappy game*

Well, it's just one company down. Guess this gives an opening to some new one. :)

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Nay! you can't be serious?! you just can't... Is your information source reliable?

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ofelix, I am pretty sure that he wasn't too serious.

Also, I am very happy when reading this. This is what they get for closing down Black Isle and putting all your money on Sellout: POS*

*Piece of ****

6. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Ofelix

I wasn't serious, but there have been rumors more than once...just check the news on the front page. It's more the kinda thing that would not surprise me to see happen.

7. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Man! This sucks!
    Actually...yeah screw em! What Caleb said, they should have fought for Black Isle. They deserve it :shame: :nolike:
    Still, it is sad to see them go i suppose...

8. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

So is this were McCoy comes over to Interplay with his tricorder, takes a reading then looks to Kirk and says, "Its dead, Jim."

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Seems to me interplay are getting everything they deserve. To let black isle go, to focus on pointless pap doesn't seem like good buisness sense to me. :idea: maybe that's why they are going under.
    As for Bioware... I hope microsoft don't get their grubby hands on them or that'll be another innovative development house turned into another source of dry creatively challenged crap.

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Hah! Serves them right for what they did to BIS. :mad:

11. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Sure Jesper.. it justifies everything (it does!).

But now that they are "dead" there wont be any BG3.. and I'M gonna MISS that... *sniff* :( :mad:

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Or worse. M$ could own the whole of electronic D&D.

Imagine our beloved D&D cRPGs requiring more and more system resources because they're built from moon-sized chunks (aka M$ standards of object programming) using M$ Special Programming Techniques(tm) (simplify the interface, mess up the core) and costing half again what they cost now, not getting any cheaper for eons (AOE2 is dearer than some new games here).

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yeah, but think of it this way: Now they can't screw up BG3.

15. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

hehe.. So true!
    maybe we are better left with illusions and the best game of them all: Baldur's Gate 2

16. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Good riddance, how many years has it been since their last good game?
    Far to many. So thank you and have a nice.
    Let a new company arise and bring us some new epic adventures.

17. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, the founder of Interplay left ages ago, or so i've heard.

Even though it's rescent missteps (Icewind Dale II and Lionheart for example) i mourn the loss of a once great game publisher.

Interplay R.I.P :(

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Not really. Check the SP front page. For all intents and purposes, Interplay is dead to D&D gamers.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yeah, dead to us. But they've been dead to us since they sacked BIS. I want to see them cease to exist in anything and everything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.