1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kingdom Hearts (PS2)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Christian, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Anyone have play this game???

I just bought it yesterday and it's an awesome game... You should give it a try.

It's a mix of Squaresoft and Wald Disney.

It's a little weird but very funny.

Fighting at the side of the wizard Donald Dock and Goofie the knight it's just cool. And do a fight against, tidus (FFX) and Squall (FF8) is just too cool...

Anyway, what do you think about it???

[ October 22, 2002, 17:09: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] It's not 'Kingdom of Hearts' it's just 'Kingdom Hearts'. It hasn't quite got to the UK yet so i'm still waiting, but i'll deffinatley be getting it when it hits the shops in November.

3. Ark Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

yeah, the game's great.It feels great to see my favourite characters from ff8 and ff7 buffed up.But it kinda gets to cute, spoiling the whole charge and bash.

4. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Kingdom Hearts is an amazing game! All my favorite characters from the Final Fantasy games are in it, and the addition of the Disney characters doesn't destroy the story line.

Overall, I'd say that it is an improvement in the Squaresoft game play (it would never work in a true FF game, but real time fighting is really nice). The worlds are fantastic, and the graphics are incredible. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

i didnt like the screenshots of the game untill i found one with Cloud :)

which FF chars are in the game?
    these are the ones i have heard of:
    Cloud
    Leon (squall)
    selphie
    aeris
    sephiroth
    wakka
    tidus
    yuffie
    is zell in?

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I've always been a fan of "Wald" Disney. :p

What exactly is this game? A Disney RPG?

7. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Square is lucky that they finished the FF series with X, and that X was released before this abomination in the eyes of whatever god you pray to, because they can NEVER be forgiven. An rpg. with Goofy in it. Wtf doesn't even begin to express how I feel. Unless it's immortality in a box, (or I forget about this in about 3 days, which is much more likely)I will never buy another Square product.

8. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Jeez, man. Chill, every company hs to do something unusual at some point. One game can't rule a company, it takes a franchise to make something good or bad. Just look at 3DO, and their Armyman series, possibly the worst series out there currently.

Anyway, just try not to make ussumptions about things which you haven't even read or heard much of before.

9. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Oh. Okay.

Actually yesterday was a bad day, and the game concept did strike me as really dumb, so I took it out on Kingdom Hearts. Really, though, I've never liked crossovers and I never will. ESPECIALLY in video game form.

10. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Who told you that Square was finished with the FF series after X?

Square is putting out XI, which is a MMORPG, X-2, which continues the saga of X focusing on Yuna, Tactics Advance for the GBA, and Chronicle for the GameCube.

There is no end to Final Fantasy in sight.

11. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Really now. That would certainly make a change from Square's standard methods. I look forward to playing a proper sequel, instead of starting up another story.

In my honest opinion, though, I think that Square should do a re-work of FF7. Y'know, improve graphics greatly, add more functions without removing others, and even extending the game by adding more things to do, allow the players to continue playing after saving the world. Oh yeah, and include the ability to restore Aeris to life.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.