1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you think I should install Diablo 2 again?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Vicsun, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I was wandering. I got tired of PS:T and BG2. As a matter of fact I'm so tired of BG2 that I won't even play ToB untill a couple of weeks pass. I was wandering what should I do the next few weeks? Soon I'm getting a faster and all-day-long internet so I was wandering of any good Mplayer games when my D2 disk appeared in front of my eyes. I havn't played this game for a while, but why not start again?
    Oh and I think this is also the time to ask: are there any good Computer games coming out this summer besides ToB?

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Diablo 2 is great. I'll install it now.

3. Elf_friend Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah man, definitley install it it's a great game!! I stay till 3:00AM playing it sometimes.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Don't install it.

Even Tetris is more fun than Diablo.

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

5. I would highly recommend reinstalling the game, even if you don't want to get the expansion pack (although you should). Here's why:
    With the 1.08 patch a lot of things have changed in the game. You get a lot more gems now, I can't play a session without picking up tons of gems. And you generally get more and better stuff. So I think it is worth it to pick up and play again. Try a different class that you haven't played before, or go with an unusual weapon/skill.

Also, I really like the new expansion. The move to high res is really cool, and the new characters kick ass. There is only one problem I ran into, taking existing characters into the expansion: I don't have any of the nifty new stuff (especially the charms), and they have increaseed the difficulty, so I have to go back an act or 2 to get some good stuff. But it's worth it.

6. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The x-pack makes it much more interesting, I'll say that. Realise, though, that this is not BG2; the most challenging part about Diablo 2 is deciding where to put your skill points -- challenging to your mind anyway, which is what I find most interesting.

7. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

What exactly has changed in the exp-pack? I know about the two new classes and ofcourse the new levels, but is there something else? Even something minor? I have not thought about buying it's pack but maybe you can convince me :p.

update> I instaleld it! Now I need Your advice. What class should I choose? I was wandering between Pal and Amazon. I don't wanna be a Barb since it's boring. Sorcs are too mana dependant and mana potions are difficult to find... I get mad when my minions block my way and I die too many times as a necro. So I was wandering between paladin and Amazon.

[This message has been edited by Vicsun (edited July 01, 2001).]

8. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Yeah i think it would be worth it!

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well there is one possible reason for re-installing Diablo 2, and that's that you don't have RSI anymore? Diablo2 is a RPG, Rsi Producing Game.

10. SIR!!, please step away from your computer and put your hands on the desk. Come on you've got alot to live for. Install another game, ANY other game. :rolleyes: please....

11. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The D2:LoD druid is the reason I'm not further done with ToB right now. :rolleyes:

But I think I'm stopping D2 as of tonight- until they come out with the 1.09 patch which will enable Rune Words in single player. Right now, all the Runes I've found are going to waste. :mad: I still don't understand why they released the expansion with those types of items only enabled on-line.

12. Gonff Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Why the hell would you want to install Diablo 2 in the first place that is undoubtly along with Pokemon the worst RPG's in the world, even though they aren't really RPG's.

13. Kerric Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

NONONO. (Though I'm going to try those new classes in the expansion set, really want to try the druid)

14. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Phiew!!!

Diablo 2 was one of the biggest disappointment in my life! You just install it, but I surely wouldn't. I sold it... :(

15. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

yup, I'd install it again. I did, I thought they did an alright job. it's like any other blizzard game, you can play it until your eyes bleed (wouldn't recommend it) and put it away for 6mo and then come back to it and imo they're all still fun.

16. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Bowie: The druid sucks! The necromancer is a hell lot better.
    :cool:

17. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

:rolleyes:
    You can have fun exploding corpses while I enjoy mauling monsters with my 400+ HP Werebear (only at lvl 17 so far). I don't mind- it won't effect my game.

18. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Personally, I play Paladins. Partly holdover from AD&D days, and partly because I'm a team player, and auras rock for multi.

19. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

(if im not to late.)

DON'T install d2!!!
    The lag on battle.net is so bad.
    and is probally getting worse.
    i never played the expansoin to it,
    but the 5 char. choices got to boring for me.
    Just my opinion. and a level 30 char can kill Diablo. hes was way to easy.

i been playing Iwd and Everquest lately.
    and planing to get Torment.

20. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

Too late - I installed it :rolleyes: . All those D&D games are Great but their MPlayer sux :(. I am recently thinking of installing Starcraft but I havn't played that game for about 2 years. Everyone on battle.net will kick my ass. Just to think how good I was... Well those are memories so let's get back on the present topic. I don't like D2 all that much but I'm kinda tired d&d games and wanted something new. Something different. I could have also installed Unreal:Tornament or Mortal Kombat:4 but I don't have any of them and I'm not planning on buying them. I mean if I had to buy D2 now I wouldn't but since I already have it... And if battlenet lags TOO badly I'll try get in shape and get in the starcraft ladder once more.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.