1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dalekeeper 2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Kuldaharian, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The UN created this software to grand its armies immens power and immensly powerful weapons. Unfortunately, it only seems to work for an RPG called IcewindDale2. The UN do not exactly know who is beyond this sabbotage.

With DK2 you can alter your characters. Some use it for cheating, others for moderating the game for roleplaying aspects or other reasons.

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

- You can make your characters UBERLEET without having any skill of playing the game. :rolleyes:
    - You can hack a character for roleplaying purposes, by going around some of the rules. However, with 3rd edition, I don't think there's the need for that.

My experiences with said utilities is that they tend to screw up your game, and gaming experience. Best to stay away from them.

4. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I agree with Aragon.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To bad there is no Aragon.
    I agree with Faragon! ;)

6. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

No way!!!!! I agree with Aragon!
    *stamp with foot!*

[ February 26, 2003, 07:54: Message edited by: Elan Morin Tedronai ]

7. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Faragon, I hate to say it, but i think your evil twin Aragon is right.. (*MWuahaha..*) Dale keeper does tend to screw up games, and make every person modified with it a Human Male. Or at the very least Human..

You can access (most) of the weapons in the game, but there's no real Reason to get most of them this way.. You don't get to experience the game Nearly as much.. *sigh*

8. The Archmage Neon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Keeper tools (Gate Keeper, Shadow Keeper, Dale Keeper and Dale Keeper 2) are amazing pieces of work. What is all of this about Dale Keeper 2 messing up your game? Bah, I believe it's a user problem, not a programming problem. They can be used to edit the game in any form or way, regardless of experience. To each his own I guess, but I use them for my scripting needs. I guess that the community on the message boards consists of mostly just players I guess, as sad as that is. I personally are even more interested in using and manipulating the Infinity Engine than playing them, even though I enjoy playing the games Bioware and Black Isle have made. I prefer Pen and Paper to these games anyday though. LET YOUR CLOSED MINDS BE OPENED!!! WELCOME TO THE LAND OF POSSIBILITY!!!

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"Bah, I believe it's a user problem, not a programming problem"

You're right. It is.

But, you also must understand that there are some very well-entrenched negative feelings between some coders. For various reasons.

And to top it all off, there are a lot of questions that go to tech support guys that just give them headaches and waste their time when they could be talking to people who cannot even get the game to run, much less cheat.

I tell you, right now. Tech support guys should have a beating hotline, where they could have teams of guys, all armed with baseball bats, sent out to people's homes and places of employment.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Just a (lil') warning: don't add more spells to your sorceror. Otherwise he'll break apart on level up.

11. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    The best reason for me to use the Keepers, is that they can change the appearance of your character. I don't mean the elementals, liches and all, but if I want my druid or cleric to wear a cloak, I can simply change his looks into that of a rogue. No powergaming matter at all. Changing your appearance is rather a roleplaying aspect. And we can use the console and keeper for that, too.

12. Istari of Thay Banned

I NEVER use the Keepers for cheating,
    only for editingroleplaying aspects...

So I agree with the Priest-King guy... :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.