1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

create items

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by lyson, Sep 22, 2002.

1. lyson Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi, just a query, has anyone used this cheat successfully??
    I tried it & got the following response "nice try cheater" (made me laugh!! :D )
    I wanted to make a holding bag (or two etc)
    Just curious.....thanx all :D

2. ChiLdO Gems: 1/31

have cheats=1 in .ini file enabled?

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You tried to create non-existing item (wrong item code), or you forgot to put quotes.
    The command should look as :CreateItem("CHEATITEMORWHATEVER")

4. lyson Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] well cheats=1 is enabled & all the other cheats I try DO work! :)
    I entered the following .... ctrlaltdel:createitem(“00BRAC05”, 1) [which I believe is correct]
    but still got "nice try cheater" comment.
    the item code I have for the holding bag is ...
    bag of holding item code 00HBGA01 or 00HBGB01. also 00hbga02 and 00hbgb02
    So if anyone would like to try it & let me know if its correct I would appreciate it! thanx :D
    I really would like some holding bags as the pickups fill up my backpaks too fast & I am sooooo tired of running back to town all the time to sell the items! lol
    I dont mind buying them but havent found anywhere where they are on offer :(

5. karmelo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

you need to stop the code by putting the ") after
    the 05 (ctrlaltdelete:createitem("00brac05") and as for the bag of holding, create the mercenary bag (its two codes out of the 4 you wrote) - it a lot bigger and it contain alot more equipment.

[ September 23, 2002, 06:54: Message edited by: karmelo ]

6. lyson Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanx Karmelo........I tried as you said but still get the "nice try...." message. I copied & pasted what you had in your post but no joy! :(
    I am getting frustrated should there be any spaces etc that I am missing?? (anything? anyone....?)

7. karmelo Gems: 2/31

is the cheat console activated from the config? (just a guess)

8. lyson Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Sure is!! I just tried again & this time it said wrong parameters. I am still pasting what you posted ..... haven't changed anything! :)
    How do I get the cheat info to show?? do I type help or something?? thanx for helping out!

9. storm6296 Gems: 1/31

I found that in order to get the console to work, everything must be in caps. At first I used lower case and got that "Nice try cheater" message. But caps seems to work.

10. karmelo Gems: 2/31

im sorry, i cant tell whats wrong but did everything you tried to create failed to be created? its a bit wierd

11. lyson Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] YAY Success!! Thank you thank you..... the caps seem to make it work!! Great now I can cut back on the walking!! hahahahaha

12. karmelo Gems: 2/31

can someone explain what caps are?

13. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

capital letters, the ones created after you have pressed the caps lock button

14. karmelo Gems: 2/31

ok thanks but it worked for me without caps

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.