1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuck in Aurilite Temple! (Chapter 2)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by looserboy, Nov 5, 2002.

1. looserboy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I am stuck in the ice temple in chapter 5. I can't figure out how to open the doors with the dias. All the doors say L...North...R...North I think. I'm not sure how to open them. I've managed to open the doors on top of the dias which lead to the blood hungry aboshai. Help me please. And areyou supposed to fight the aboshai?

[ November 06, 2002, 11:17: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Belwar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Is there a ice temple in chapter 5?

3. Suker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sure.

Remember Nickademus back in chapter 2? Wizards don't forget their debt easily.

4. looserboy Gems: 2/31

Ummm I'm not sure I'm in chapter 5, but I think so. I just beat Sherinical for the first time. In the item list on this site, it said for the sword "Winged Blight" is carried by Sherinical in chapter 5. But I thought that when the airship crashed it said chapter 2. Well I'm not sure which I am.

Ok I'm editing it. I'm in chapter 2.

[ November 06, 2002, 03:11: Message edited by: looserboy ]

5. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The writing on the doors relates to the position of the stone dias that you must move it to.

This means stand on the left side of the dias and turn it until it points north. Then stand on the right side of the dias and turn it until it again points north. The doors will then open.

You will have to defeat one of the three sisters (can't remember which) before you have the freedom to play with the dias.

It is in the room north of where the prisoners are being held, on the western side of the temple.

6. looserboy Gems: 2/31

I've already gotten to the dias. Thanks a lot. I think I had to kill the high priest to get there. She's practically invincible, but I chromatic orbed her, which paralyzed her and it still took like 2 minutes for my party to kill her. I can imagine how hard it would be to beat her without chromatic orb, but I found a wand of it on Sherinical's body anyways. And when you move the dias, do all the doors in the whole building open? Because I opened liek the ons to the top and once it said "You hear the sound of a door unlocking to the east."

7. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There are a couple of uses for the dias. One is to open the doors - I'm pretty certain its all of them, well it worked for me so I guess yes.
    Another use was to re-enable all the dead magic zones.
    IIRC it also opens the doors to the lair of the Abishai to the north.
    Each requires different positioning of the dias. I just did one after the other, consecutively.
    I was lucky to beat the priestess - she caught my Rogue scouting and chased him all the way back to my party! Then I just sat back and blasted her with my sorcerer and tanks. :lol:

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

[​IMG] I had very little trouble with her. My ranger failed his hidesave, and was spotted. He started bashing the priestess, while my party came rushing in. Two fireballs quickly filled the room with flame, and the paladin came to the rangers help, while my two clerics came to heal the ranger from his burns. The Paladin proceeded to decapitate the priestess with The Winged Blight. Exit priestess.

Like a walk in the park. I love having four spellcasters in my party :D

[ November 07, 2002, 11:56: Message edited by: Faragon ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.