1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Guardian in Yuan Ti Temple

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Razal'dar, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hey guys. I'm having great difficulty defeating the Guardian in the Yuan Ti Temple. Anyone have any good strategys or tactics? Thanks.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You need to have one character buffed to the max especially against fear. Load up with a +4 or greater weapon, haste it up and attack with that one character. Leave everyone else at the bottom of the stairs so the big fella doesn't try and attack them. Use them to cast things like 'Lower Resistance' then try hitting him with Disintegrate (cheesey but it works sometimes) and / or Mordie's Sword from afar.

This is the general tactic that works for me, but the fun of the game is working out the one that works for your party. There are a few other ways of doing it so have fun.

3. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

it took me days and days to finally kill that dreaded dragon, and i found the most effective tactic to be the following: try to attrack the dragon's attention to one of your characters, then cast otiluke's resilient sphere. the beast will keep bashing it, useless of course. you can kill it easy this way

4. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Summon up Undead fodder to keep it busy - it seems to like them, and buff your party with: Bless, Magic Circle against Evil, Emotion: Hope, Recitation, Stoneskin and IronSkin, Strength spells and Mass Haste. Whack until dead, heal when necessary, keep the Undead coming.

5. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31

Thanks a lot guys!!

6. jeremiah Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Easiest thing is to lure the beast TOWARDS the portal platform. The Guardian can't reach you to meelee you and can kill your undead summons in one hit (elementals are another matter).

Just use a hasted (and protected from acid)character put the last stelle and RUN towards your group making sure the Guardian is teleporting after him/her. There is a chance that the Guardian teleports to the bottom of the altar stair to block your runner but have a summon to distract it and turn the runner invisible (potion/spell what not). Once down from the altar, bait the guardian again.

Now the only thing you have to worry about is his acid breathe (elemental barrier and protection from acid are enough) and his dragon fear (having a pally or bard or cleric makes that easy). Mordenkainen's sword, +3 or better missile weapons and disintegrate (lower resistance first then malison, prayer, bless and recitation) should do the job and all your party WILL DEFINITELY BE IN RANGE of the Guardian's death site to get the hp and acid resistance bonuses.

7. Dall Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I took all my spellcasters and stood so it could'nt see me, and then i hurled spells on it in 4 days :) ... Not fair, but effective :D

8. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31

I actually just discovered that Malison and then Disintegrate works a treat!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.