1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SR has no effect on Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by masotime, Dec 3, 2002.

1. masotime Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I just seem to get the impression that spell resistance is not considered at all when the damage for ADHW is calculated. Is this supposed to be the case?

BTW..... the horrid wilting spell also seemed amazingly effective v.s. Isair and Madae... maybe because their SR was also ignored? I would be interested in any feedback....

2. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You can test this by giving one of your guys super high spell resistance (try 60) just to check it.

3. Kenny42 Gems: 1/31

Quint:
    Will that test work? Horrid wilting is party-friendly, isn't it? (Don't have it yet.)
    Or do the bad guys use it often?

4. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I dont think it is party friendly. I seem to remmember my two sorceresses wasting my fighters by casting all their horrid wiltings (8 in total)!!!

I never bothered using horrid wilting in the final battle because it always seems to do so much damage to my party too.

5. Quint Gems: 8/31

Horrrrid Wilting, Party Friendly?
    Party Crasher is more like it.
    Sucks out so much liquid off your body that you need a drink fast.

[ December 04, 2002, 17:58: Message edited by: Quint ]

6. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

horrid wilting is a very powerful spell. i don't think there is spell resistance to this. this spell is my major tactic. so far i haven't encouter anyone that is resistance to this spell. there are only cases of horid wilting has no effect on certain creature like undead and construct.

let's face the fact that your fighter cannot do 20~40 damage on the twins each time. on the other hand, horrid wilting can, 20~40 damage is the after successful save result. throw in animate undead, which immue to horrid wilting, to occupy every enemy and combine with horrid wilting. ever since i discovered the usefulness of horrid wilting, my fighters has been degraded to war hammer throwers.

7. Quint Gems: 8/31

Not undead? hmmm... I thought it ate up mine.. :rolleyes:

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Hey teekc!
    I think you're on to something there! :D
    Instead of relegating your fighters to hammer thrower duty perhaps they can be kicked out of the party? After all what good are they at the level when you can cast Horrid Wilting. They just hog the xp your party accumulates.
    Maybe keep one tank around for old times sake. ;)

9. Kenny42 Gems: 1/31

Not party-friendly?! Those bastards have butchered my favourite BG2 spell!! :mad: :flaming: :aaa:

10. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

At first i was thinking, i do need a fighter or two to protect my spellcaster just in case. but then, i can pull mass invisible anytime with 4 of my members (sorcerer, wizard, cleric, bard) to regroup myself. So is there a need for fighter?

errr...because blossom, bubble and buttercup are together so i can't really kick blossom and buttercup out. even though buttercup has became an axe throwing monk. i am just not that hardhearted to kick my member in the middle of journey.

11. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

if you think tankers are useless later, try out a lvl 20 monk/deep gnome who is stoneskined and uses his mirror image ability ...
    or compare time for killing if u use a 4/20 fighter/barb or a caster ... if you use magic en mass you will have to rest eyery 2-3 hours ... thats no roleplaying for me but i agree that fighters are useless then.

[ December 05, 2002, 12:33: Message edited by: Bloodtitan ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.