1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cleric levels...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Spliff Krieger, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Spliff Krieger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] My Dreadmaster (male shield dwarf) is level 12 now, I'm gonna wait until I can take Mass Healing and then I'd like to dual- or multi-class him...

Since he's also a frontline basher, I'd like to dual him to a fighter...
    Is that the best thing to do, or are there other options which could make him more versatile... However, the only two things he really needs to do is fighting and healing so...

Any comments?

2. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

People tend to say level 9 cleric spells suck, but I tend to disagree. Sure, there are only two of them, But they are powerful summoning spells. I'm going through Heart of Fury right now and find them to be the height of convinience. Plus, there's the domain spells, which is not necessarily summoning.
    If you're going to multiclass, why not go with a barbarian? Unless you need the feats, of course.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Well if you switch after L15 Dreadmaster, you can take Barb levels and eventually get Greater Rage. I dont know why people say melee is useless in HoF. It's fun when you are Improved Invisibled :evil:

Then again, since it a dwarf you have, you might as well take Fighter levels. The extra punch that a Barb packs cannot compensate for the XP penalty.

4. Mudde Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My advise would be to take 1 fighter-lvls to be able to use all weapons. Then continue as cleric until you have all spells you like. Then take 3 more fighter-lvls to get WS. After that I would continue as cleric to get new castings as I love using loads of lowlvl-spells but you might consider taking something else as you won't get much from either cleric- or fighter lvls. I usually hate getting XP-penalty, but after about lvl24 when my cleric/fighters have all they need it don't matter that much.

5. Spliff Krieger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Barbarian? True, I don't need the feats, but I don't need the XP penalty either...!
    I'll probably go with mudde, and take 4 fighter levels... Then switch back to cleric to get as much healing spells as possible...
    Ok, thanks guys...

EDIT: I just read from General Ghoul that pure clerics are very good, because they can cast good Animate Dead spells... Does that mean that dual-classed clerics get less powerful monsters when casting Animate dead?

[ July 01, 2005, 13:37: Message edited by: Spliff Krieger ]

6. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yeah, some spells depend on the spellcaster's level. That is, how many cleric levels the caster has, not all the levels. Another spell that works like this is summon giant insect, level 4. Man oh man, am I loving this spell right now. My cleric is level 21 (I think) and she's summoning these gigantic rhinoserous beetles. This is a level 4 spell, and they seem to be about as good as greater werewolfs which I get from Summon Monster IX!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.