1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A little plot clarifaction from all you experts

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Frank, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Frank Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Ok I am in chapter 2. Rigth after I found out how to open the doors in Aurils temple place. Yet I am confused as hell as to what has been going on, I dont know exactly where I am, what the rangers and druids had to do with it, why i talked to the panther or who that flying ***** is. Can someone please take a few minutes to just lay the basic story out up to where I am and explain what is happening. Thanks!

2. giridion Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If you read your Biography (or whatever that's spelled) you'll get the basics. The druids, rangers and so on are not that important they are just characters you enconter. That *****, as you put it, though she was cuite amusing, is a half dragon who is in the service of some other characters you'll encounter soon enough... Well I could give you an entire plot, but if I do you might not enjoj the game. My advice is to look at the movies again and just play the game, you'll get it all as you play.

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Okay, the chapter two section of the plot (some of this will be revealed by later NPCs):

Sherincal, the half dragon you met briefly in the Goblin Fortress, is the flying chick that throws you off the cliff. She works for the Legion of the Chimera as a general. After you took back the Shaengarne Bridge and killed Guthma, she came here to ensure that the Neverwinter forces did not get through despite the loss of the bridge.

Sherincal's bosses have made a deal with the temple of Auril and its three priestesses: if the Aurilites block the western pass with a magical glacier, the Legion of the Chimera will destroy the warming tree in Kuldahar. The rangers and druids in Andora serve Auril (she is a nature goddess, after all), so they are helping the priestesses block the pass.

The panther you talked to is Odea, the chief druid of Andora. She was hoping to convince you to leave without violence, which is why she talked to you. Sherincal got pissed at this violation of orders (and wants you dead anyway), so she killed Odea and tossed you off the cliff.

[Btw, it is possible to get through Andora without fighting, but you have to tell Odea "okay, we'll leave". Then walk on up the trail until confronted by Illium. If you have a high enough Intimidate skill, you can force him to realize you will lay waste to the village if he tries to block your path.]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.