1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Toughest Fight?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Ancalìmon, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Speaks for itself, what's your toughest fight?

For me: DEFINATLY the guardian of Chult
    (Check 'stuck with the guardian' topic for my struggle to kill it!)

2. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

For me has to be getting thru ranks 7-8 on battlesquare. Oddly enough after I leveled up to 11 ranks 9-10 were actually easier. But overall completing the full 10 ranks of the battle square was not only hard but looooooonnnnnnnnggggg. However have not been to Chult yet, doesn't sound exactly easy.

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, I haven't finished the game, but I found the 8th chamber very difficult. It made me want to slit my wrists :)

4. Misiek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah i think that the Guardian is a though one:)I think that also the Horde's Fortress is hard for begininnig characters.

5. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I found that most battles in the Seldarine's Hand are kinda hard if your company's not rested. My hardest battle though, was probably outside the Horde Fortress, my first time through (damn wardrums!). For all the hard battles later in the game (Iyachtu Xvim, Guardian of Chult, etc) I had disintegrate, so they were pretty easy. :D

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My first go through the game,

1. The Dragon of Chult, I was actually forced to abandon trying it. My second go round, I simply beefed up my Paladin to hold the Dragon in place while everybody else fired away with missile weapons and spells.

2. Isair and Madae. Boy did that sequence of Blasphemy spells ever put me in my place. My second go round, I used the Holy Aura spell so that my Paladin, Monk, and Drow Rogue/Wizard had Spell Resistance over 40. It became relatively easy then.

Now that I'm an experienced normal-mode player, the Six Lost Followers.

Even now, with what I know of the game, this fun and terrific battle still occasionally obliges a few reloads.

7. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

The 8th chamber I completed in one attempt, it was the most easy of all the chambers,
    I used the druid's magic and wildshape, summoned some boneguards and that was that.

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I had a little trouble. :) See this thread.

Eventually a cleric with SpellResistance, DivineShell and Animate Dead got me through, but damn, that room was tough for my party.

The Dragon of Chult forced me to reload three times, but the first two times were of my own mistake.

1) Accidentally Casting Chainlightning on your cleric who standing next to the dragon, instead of on the dragon himself, with all your mages (3) is a bad idea, especially seeing how he's the only healer and resurrector.
    2) Forgetting to cast Protection from Fear on mages results in Tanks getting pummeled without the Dragon getting spells tossed at him = dead tanks, live dragon.

9. SkyBroad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Toughest fight: Guardian at Chult
    Second toughest: Xvim
    Third toughest: Isair & Madae

Dude! That was almost my exact subject line at another board! LOL!! I couldn't get past it either until I switched to my cleric and summoned a fire elemental. After that, it was a piece of cake.

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Actually, that was on this board :) Just follow the link in my post above. I was in complete agreement with that statement when I faced the 8th chamber, so I kinda took it up.

11. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Definitely the Lost Followers. I must have reloaded a dozen times before I got the better of them and even then I was left with one character standing at the end.

12. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] The guardian is rally fight to remember so is also the Lost Followers :p

13. Jadow77 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The guardian is the most difficult fight there is.

14. Gorgonbreath Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Just finished Chult and I have to agree with the others about the Guardian, very tough. But what was even more frustrating was after killing him finding out that I was stuck in Chult forever. Bad game design, time for a new topic on this.

15. SkyBroad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Gorgonbreath - I feel your pain. I actually killed the Guardian on my second or third try, only to find that I was stuck in Chult while I was screwing around healing my guys and picking up stuff on the ground. I re-loaded, and it took me FOREVER to kill him the second time around. ugh!

[ February 07, 2003, 00:35: Message edited by: SkyBroad ]

16. Istari of Thay Banned

[​IMG] Hail Adventurers!!
    My toughest fight would have to be Isair and Madae on Insane difficulty... :(

The Guardian of Chult didn't trouble me much...

I used my two fighters, my monk and my barbarian to batter away at the beast, while my drow cleric and drow wizard threw protective spells and some nasty spells...

PS: Any tips on how to beat Isair and Madae on HoF?? :confused:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.