1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evasion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Goon66, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Goon66 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Does evasion ability of monks and rogues only work when wearing light or no armor? Cause i was just trying to see what i could multiclass my cleric too since i was bored of him as a straigh cleric so i tested out how useful evasion from 2 rogue levels would be(i realised it wouldnt do much with his low reflex saves), It said he gained hte evasion ability after level up but then when i got my sorc to cast spells on him to try and get him to evade he still took damage. Even with a successful save the only time he actually evaded was when he was wearing NO armor or the chain of drakkas (i had no proper light armors to test with just medium and heavy). I also gave my paladin a monk level(again just to test evasion out) and while he wore armor he couldnt evade even with a successful save :confused: . Is this how its meant to be?

2. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yup. It might not be in the game manual but it is definitely in the 3E player handbook: "Evasion can only be used if the monk is wearing light armor or no armor." ... "Evasion can only be used if the rogue is wearing light armor or no armor."

The DND rules are available online, free, legally: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35

There are some differences between the rules and the game, but mainly it is going to be accurate.

3. Goon66 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Thanks for the info. And damn that sucks :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.