1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

best/favourite party

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Steeze, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

hey all. ive played iwd2 for a couple of months but im yet to discover a "perfect" party, could anyone give some ideas like what the strongest party who have made is or favourite. thanx

2. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Clerics and Sorcerers are the most powerfull classes in the game, if you pick 3 of them ( like 1 cleric and 2 sorcerers ) its hard to go wrong. However, you need to pick the right spells with your sorcerers.

Im currently playing HOF with :
    1 palladin of Helm
    1 rogue/bard ( rogue doesnt improve after level 10, so I took bard levels )
    2 sorcerers
    1 wizard/fighter ( this is an experiment, so might be replaced with a pure wizard or fighter )
    1 cleric of Talos

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

IMO there is no such a thing as the "perfect party", as this depends largely on your style of play, and whether you are looking forward to get more race/class related quests or not. Myself, I prefer to play using stealth as much as possible, so I would normally include at least two characters who will be well able to hide in shadows. I also don't like druids, so it's clerics all the way for healing.

If raw power is what you are looking for, have a look at the excellent "Jukka's Ultimate Powergaming Party" guide here.

4. Steeze Gems: 10/31

thanx guys but also i really like rangers/druids and bards is there any way i can fit one or more of them in

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    The best party I've used so far is:

Shield Dwarf fighter
    Assimaar Paladin of helm
    Human Monk
    Assimaar Sorcerer
    Drow mage
    Human cleric of Tempus

6. Vassago Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My party of three, which just expanded to 4 at the start of Chapter 2.

Female Deep Gnome Lawfully Evil
    Monk of the Old Order 30
    STR 16 DEX 20 CON 10 INT 4 WIS 20 CHA 4
    Two-handed Axe/Fists

Male Human Lawfully Neutral
    Monk of the Old Order 1/Fighter 2/Druid 27
    STR 18 DEX 14 CON 16 INT 6 WIS 18 CHA 4
    Two-handed sword

Male Drow Chaotic Evil
    Rogue 2/Ranger 1/Fighter 2/Wizard 25
    STR 10 DEX 20 CON 10 INT 20 WIS 10 CHA 10
    Dual short swords/Bow & Arrows

7. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My favorite party is my HoF from level 1 party, but it's fairly specialized because of the difficulty of the early stages of HoF for level 1 characters. (Summons and control spells rule in HoF.) But here it is, for what it's worth:

Aasimar sorcerer/paladin
    Human sorcerer/bard
    Aasimar Dreadmaster of Bane (control spells)
    Tiefling rogue/Demarch of Mask (summons spells)
    Deep Gnome druid
    Drow wizard/fighter

Individual characters I've really liked:

Drow sorceress (LE)--a surprisingly effective character, with great dialogue options, if you enjoy role-playing.

Human barbarian--a flat out killing machine. As of chapter 5--normal mode--she's racked up over 50% of the party's kills and over 50% of the xp. Good looking too, as she'll be the first to admit.

One intriguing character I lost when the computer crashed was a wild elf sorcerer/monk combo, which may or may not have turned into something.

Good luck on your party!

8. Steeze Gems: 10/31

thanx guys but how can i fit in a ranger and/or druid/or bard effectivly?

9. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

OK. to go with a ranger, druid, and a bard. (If you like them, you may as well take all three!) You'll need a cleric. Check the special abilities and special spells of the different orders to see which ones you like best. If you intend to continue to hof, I recommend Bane or Mask, maybe Tempus.

Mask/Rogue is a good combination, probably easier to play than the more natural appearing bard/rogue. Anyway, someone's going to have to take several levels of rogue. Wizard/rogue is a strong combo (INT=skill points), and the wizard's spell book will give you flexibility in numerous situations, plus extra feats.

That being said, sorcerers do rule in this game, but good spell selection is vital. (There's a post in Game FAQS on sorcerer's spells.) This doesn't mean you must have a sorcerer to succeed. I have a sorcerer-less party that's doing well enough. (In fact, it has druid, bard, barbarian, rogue/wizard, monk, & cleric.)

Anyway, that adds up to a party. Your three; plus cleric, wizard, and sorcerer, with someone taking on some rogue levels. If it looks too magic-heavy, bump the wizard or the sorcerer and add another fighter, dwarf fighter or barbarian.

10. Steeze Gems: 10/31

thanx guys

11. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Late reply, but here goes, anyway...

I've gotten by with substituting a druid for a cleric(I don't bother turning undead), and actually what makes sense (to me, anyway) from an RP standpoint is to have a ranger(1)/druid(x) multiclass.
    As far as the bard, I've used a bard(1)/sorcerer(x)--I don't rely on bard songs much, but at least you can use the bard items.

12. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

My next party will have a Bard[11]/Druid[x]. Looking forward to a singing panther.

13. Dalakdan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Well i think there is a perfect party out there for every player out there, but finding it is the hard part especially when alloting the ability points and what-not. Anyways...I think I have found the perfect party for my playing style:

Human Necromancer
    Aasimar Paladin of Helm/Fighter
    Half-Orc Monk/Sorceror
    Moon-Elf Ranger( i dont care what other people say about rangers!!)
    Duergar Fighter
    Tiefling Evil Cleric

Only two members have died in my quests that is the monk and the necromance which i revived with the clerics raise dead spell.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.