1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kits in IWD2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Proteus_za, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Is it at all possible to add new kits to IWD2? Cos I would love to add some of the new prestige classes from NWN to the game. I realize I wont be able to do the restrictions, so I would just have to restrict myself.

I can see their is a class.ids file, and the usual kitlist.2da and clab****.2da files. Is it similar to adding a BG2 kit, or not possible?

I wish more of the game wasnt hardcoded, I would love to have a look at those feats. And add new ones like improved two weapon fighting.

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I can not say for certain, i just know that alot of the files "found" inside the game/files are "leftovers" from previous games. For example i belive you can find a 2DA file for what voice sets each BG1 J-NPC have, in each of the later games.

On another note it does look like they have used the same system or "converted" it to make the subraces (which i find alot more interesting anyways than all those overpowered prestige classes). So I dunno, it just might bew that IF you made a prestige class work, you would have to override the sub races.

3. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

this may be too absurd to actually implement, but would it be possible to create new subraces that would provide the bonus and penalties of a prestige class you want to use. make a "elven arch mage" subrace with the abilities of the archmage that you'll have to simply ignore til you hit level 14 or so when you'd get access to the class. You could also do a similar thing with special feats, though in this case if you want to restrict yourself you'd have to take a feat that's useless to your character, or imprioved initiative which if i remember correctly simply does nothing.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Dalekeeper2 could help if you just want to edit a character.

5. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

There are still a lot of things about subraces that are hardcoded. I remember that a modder named Tioma created a subraces mod, but wrote that he couldn't change the hardcoded items, such as favored class.

6. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Some of those hardcoded things can be overruled with the use of a specific DLL file, as showed in the seccond download here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/index_editors.php (named Custom DLL Fixes & Changes)

I do not know how much this is limited or not.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.