1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you want more XP for monsters, more Feats pr. level ? So Read this!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Knuden, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Knuden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] 1. Download winbiff from www.teambg.com and install it.

2. In Winbiff find the file 2DA.bif from your IWDII data directory.

3. Select and Extract the following file MONCRATE.2da, FEATLVL.2da and maybe the file XPCAP.2da.

4. Edit the file : MONCRATE.2da for XP Charlevel/monsterlevel.

5. Edit the file : FEATLVL.2da for Feats you get pr. level.

6. Edit the file : XPCAP.2da for XP CAP. (WARNING I HAV NOT TRYED this, and I thing this evt. can ruin the game !!!)

Save all this file in the override catalog in IWDII!

I hope this vil give your all so must FUN I have with the game now!

PLEASE, if somwone kan edit the table in XP pr. level to at table with 2ed rules wil you let me now ?????

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm warning all those who still haven't finished the game NOT to do any of these.
    If you do, don't post about the problems you got outside of this thread.
    Perhaps I sound too rude, but I've had enough of XPcap removing posts with "HELP! My hero is level -1 and instantly dies when the game starts!"

[ October 06, 2002, 20:23: Message edited by: Extremist ]

3. Knuden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I dont think you are rude!

Your warning are completly rigt!

I do not hope any game wil be ruin of this hint.

If so I wil newer write another hint!

4. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

More feats per lvl? That's no fun...

5. Kovsky Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

cheats hurt us all

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

OMG!

I can't believe I'm the only one that is going to give this a shot. All you have to do is erase the overrides, and the game chugs along, if you have problems. This is a fairly awesome cheat/mod/hint.

OUTSTANDING JOB, Knuden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already had a problem with my thief. I still had 20 skill points to delve out after I hit level 30, so I couldn't level up. I had to go in and turn down his intelligence to 30. :1eye:

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] One of the better parts of the game is which resources you allocate to your party members. Part of making your character unique is making tough choices when picking feats, skills, and stat points.

Why would I want to have everyone in my party have every skill and every feat? There's no fun in that...and it is definitely NOT roleplaying.

My rogue has one level of ranger because you get the ambidexterity and two-weapon fighting feats for free, and I gave my Battleguard of Tempus 4 levels of fighter to gain Weapon Specialization in Axes, but that's because I want them to be more fun/diverse when playing the game.

8. karmelo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i cant find the winbiff. can some one send me the direct link?

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

10. karmelo Gems: 2/31

11. looserboy Gems: 2/31

I cant believe u guys are resoting to cheats because of your total lack of skill. You just wasted your money on Icewind Dale II if you spend your time like that.

[Signatures are now allowed on this board. Don't try to use them in the future.] -Tal

[ October 09, 2002, 18:54: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

12. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Carmelo:

I played around with it just a little. Your people can take about 65 feats total, before you max out everything. So, I just set my level 30 bonus at 60.

Except for the rogue. He/she gets several extra, and I had to crank down his number to something like 45.

I'm going to have to say it makes a difference. It's still not a killsword, but it is an excellent cheat.

13. karmelo Gems: 2/31

i dont want to sound like a jurk but looserboy i have two things to tell you 1)why do you think i wasted money on the game? 2)i only used cheats after i reached a point where i get so little or none xp and the game losses all meaning. and ejsmith what did you mean about the number 60? your character level?

[ October 09, 2002, 18:42: Message edited by: karmelo ]

14. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Nah.

When you open up that .2da file, the left column is a list of 1-30. For your levels. The right column is the base number of feats each person gets.

So, I just went to the bottom and changed that last "1" to a "60".
    Leveled up everyone but my thief, exited the game, changed it to "45", then leveled up my thief.

Worked out perfect. The last 2 or 3 feats I put into "toughness", which works out well. If you have any feats leftover, it won't let you click "done", so you can't complete the level up.

15. karmelo Gems: 2/31

ok got it

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.