1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

how to get "Letto's Scar"?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by drol hsoj, Aug 19, 2004.

1. drol hsoj Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i have been messing around with the createitem cheat and i found a list with a sword called letto's scar. here is the item code ZZ35LS.

what i was wondering is, is there a way you can get it in normal gameplay? i dont just want to cheat it in when i want it, especially cuz i just made a new party and i dont feel like cheating with it but i would still like the sword.

any help would be appreciated.

[ August 19, 2004, 21:50: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Alphidius Gems: 1/31

I've got Prima's strategy guide for IWD2 and it says here that:

"If an evil priest turns/commands Veira and has a high Intelligence, he can get Letto's Scor from her, which is a great weapon for evil beginners."

Yes, Veira is the Weeping Widow. Hope this helps :)

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmmm, I'm sure I've turned her and I never got a weapon. No doubt someone will prove this one way or other other by the end of the day.

If this is true, it is quite a big revelation for a bunch of people who thought they had seen everything this game had to offer (almost as good as that "hidden" Abominable Snowman).

4. Alphidius Gems: 1/31

Hmm... perhaps the priest that turned her didn't have high enough Intelligence? Did your character try speaking to her again? I'm not sure too, 'cause my party is currently good and neutral aligned, so no way to test this out.

5. drol hsoj Gems: 1/31

i made a new solo char and cheated it to the weeping widow inn (it was a drow cleric of bane) and so i gave it 20 intelligence. theres a dialog of "obey me now etc" and with my 20 intelligence i got the spirit to tell me about the chimera and tell me where the sword was (it came with a gem too!) and to wait for me to get the tear bottle. i dont know what the min intelligence to get it is but 20 seemed to work.

6. Alphidius Gems: 1/31

20 Intelligence is very high, I was thinking maybe somewhere around 14 and above should work... :)

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ah, very interesting! I wonder what other secrets remain undiscovered in this game.

8. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Perhaps only evil clerics can get the sword cia commanding the spirit (it's an evil-only sword, so this seems appropriate).

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Harbourboy
    you made reference to an abominable snowman, hehe, i don't know that one either. what did you mean?

10. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It's a monster that looks like a Yeti that you'll find in the map after that forest (can't remember its name but it's the one close to the wandering village) Simply go left after you've killed the wyverns.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

the path before you enter the area where you fight your first white dragon? but doesnt it run into a wall? does it give any exceptional xp or tiems or anything?

12. Harbourboy

It's very hard to find the path. You have to wave your cursor around until it changes from the no-smoking sign into the snowflake to indicate the narrow path. It's very hidden but the rewards are not that great, a moderate amount of XP and a few marginallt useful items. But fun.

13. Xyfiel Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

iirc do this for lettos scar

have a evil cleric talk to veira and choose obey me now. you can talk to her a little first if you want.
    do not turn her! You get 400 exp for breaking her will.

Choose the dialogue that says you must see much that is hidden. If your int is <16 she will say she cant see beyond the inn. If your int is 16 you can then respond with dont test me spirit if your sight is limited then show me what is within the inn. You are then told to pull back a plank which nets the scar, some gems and another 400xp. I know you can do this with a different char say a wizard after you have broken her will as long as they meet the int 16.

You can still complete the tear quest and then she will vanish. This way generates 400 more xp and decent gold compared to the nice way.

I hope I remember this enough to help, haven't played a evil cleric in over a year. Harbourboy I noticed this 2 years ago by chance playing but figured most people knew it cause it's listed in the quest list on sp. Then again I just learned the snowman trick and got to try that next time. Is it the river caves entrance map or the cold marshes? Thanks in advance.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

if i understand correctly, its the cold marshes (going to try it a bit later)

15. Misfits Punk Gems: 1/31

can anyone give more info on this abominable snowman? i cant find it :)

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

its exactly where harbourboy said (just found it). the area where you fight the wyverns, at the top right corner. right before you enter the next area (where you fight 2 white wyverns and a white dragon). just wave your cursor around to the left until you see the patch of snow then click on it and your characters' pathfinding skills will take them up there, further along is the abominble snowman

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  18. Cryo Mantis Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

An easier way of finding the path is telling a character to go up to a spot on the hill (next to the wyverns). It's the only spot up there that's highlighted. Your characters will automatically take the path up there.

19. Halberd-Blue Gems: 1/31

My level 5 Dreadmaster has this weapon, I'm pretty sure I got it while I was in Targos. I remember doing what Xefiel said, so thats probably how I got it.

20. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Interesting. Maybe I should try an evil cleric (until now I've only ever taken good Clerics).

[ December 27, 2004, 07:39: Message edited by: Western Paladin ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.