1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Golem Killing Trouble

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Raist, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Raist Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi everyone! I'm stuck wonder if anyone can help me. I'm in chapter 4 raven's tomb. I made the mistake of not turning Ven in, now i have to fight 4 golems! I can even kill one of them, tried to run but turn out that the duergars are waiting for me too. SO, can anyone suggest what i should do? anyway I can kill the Golems easier (I tried the very easy difficulty already, still too difficult). Please help!
    Any reply would be very very highly appreciated.
    Thanks

[ December 04, 2002, 17:04: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Raist ... I was facing this problem too, and I did a search and got some good helpl.

My solution ... *spoilers* ...

Make sure you do all the battle squares. Doing so will give you weapons that can hit these bad boys.

I gave two good weapons to my fighter to dual-wield, buffed him up with stone skin, etc, etc, and then when the golums were bearing down on him, cast blood rage. Summoned monsters helped him seal off the doorway, and everyone else attacked with spears, missles or spells.

I tried 5-6 times w/o the battle square weapons to no avail. Post-battle square, I killed them my first time through.

Others have gone on into the Underdark, purchased +4 weapons there, and then came back to attack the Golums.

3. Raist Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

thanks, i'll try that. let you know later!

4. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If you don't want to do battle squares, then you need to save the arrows of piercing that the hunters with the Beastlord carry. They are +4 and they deal good damage against the golems. In fact, if you found any sure strike weapons or any weapons that are +3 or above you should be ok.

Personally, I did battle squares and I had one guy with the club of disruption and another using the brilliant short sword. The rest of my crew used the sure strike arrows from the ice temple area and the arrows of piercing. Golems when down without much of a fight... Although my 2 melee fighters did have some help from stoneskin.

Spoiler
    One way to avoid fighting the golems until you want to fight them is to turn Ven into either Aruma or the other guy. Whoever is in charge of the monestary after you speak with Ven. Just tell them, "did you know that there is a thief disguised as a monk here?" And they will take care of it so that Ven will not appear when you enter the tomb. Then you can wipe out the Duergar and the pilfer the tomb at your leisure if you wish.

[ December 03, 2002, 22:23: Message edited by: Grey Ghost ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.