1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerers are not for multiclassing!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Dragu&Barud, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I know it`s tempting to multiclass the sorcerer with some kind of warrior but think about it!What the hell for?!I had a gnome with 20 CON.He had enough HP to suffer some heavy damage and spells.
    Lv 30 sorcerer is great and you don`t need any charisma rising items because "Eagle splendor"is more than enough.The spell resistance of the enemy
    must be more than 31 because Lv.30 sorcerer can
    roll 50 and he can even beat Deepgnome`s spellresistance!I had a dwarven barbarian-10/sorcerer-20.He was cool but he was fighter centered.You know I was using only protection spells like stoneskin and mirror image,hase etc.I like and Aegis since it`s casting time is only 1 and it provides some cool effects.If you wand this
    brb/srcr stats here they are:

STR:18
    CON:20
    DEX:18
    WIS:3
    INT:3
    CHA:18

I am playing in Sword and Shield style.I don`t have a favoured weapon but I really enjoy Coldfire
    bastard sword.I use only Tenser/Mordekainen combination or you can use Tenser/Disasterous blade but STR bonus do not apply to both but if you want to squash undead use Phantom blade since
    STR bonus DO apply and adds 10 dmg bonus to undead.

[ April 03, 2003, 12:36: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well you may multiclass to Paladin if you are playing solo for saving throws.

3. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I couldn't disagree more.

You don't have to multiclass to fighter or barbarian. There are much better ways to multiclass your sorc.

The reason is that you do NOT need more than 19 levels for your sorcerer. At level 19 you get to know 2 level 9 spells - and you don't really need more.

1) Put the remaining 11 levels into Bard. You get all Bard songs, and more charisma based spells, allowing you a far grater range of spells.

2) But my favourite is Drow Sorceress 19 / Cleric of Tempus 1 / Thief 10.
    You get Improved Evasion, a load of skills, Weapon Focus in Axe, spell resistance, racial boni to Dex and Cha, etc, etc...

4. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Modjahed

:lol: lol, you go do that, i think a (good) lv 30 sorcerer could still beat you.

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Drow Sorc/Cleric/Thief? I don't want to know how much of an EXP penalty you'd get on top of the +2ECL. :)

6. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Multiclass with the monks of the dark moon, theoretically, you will have a high AC and melee capabolities when you run out of spells.

Mati likes this.
  7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Besides, even one sorc level for a soloer spares you the trouble of unidentified items. However, wiz is better since int is more necessary and for more characters than cha and cloak of Mystra is more than awesome.

8. Raistlin24 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

One of the disadvantagesSorcerers have to Wizards is that they access the next arcane spell level one class level behind. This means that if you had a Sorcerer and a Wizard using the same stats and race side-by-side, the Wizard could, for example, have access to "Horrid Wilting" one level before the Sorcerer. Normally, this isn't a huge problem - we accept this to get the benefits of the Sorcerer that we deem to be more advantageous to us. Now, what happens when we add-in an Aasimar?Now our spells become 2 levelsbehind the common Wizard. What about throwing in a level of Paladin? - Nowwe are 3 levels behind. I really hope that you can start to see where this going (and that isn't going up-hill :p )
    Thus i would suggest that although Multiclassing is temptin it should be avoided BEFORE LV 22.
    When building your Sorcerer, if you really want to take advantage of Divine Grace for example, wait until Sorcerer(21) where you will have a very complete spell book at your disposal. At this point in the game, you won't be looking forward to the "next killer spell" because you already have them all more-or-less. At this point, you SHOULD multiclass to Paladin at effective character level 22.

9. Magiens Materialis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I don't think you can multiclass a sorcerer into paladin :p You have to start a lv 1 pal and then add sorcerer levels...

10. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Magiens: If you have the right Alignment (Lawful Good) Then you can.. Most people won't make a sorcerer, and THEN have him be a goody good. *shrugs* At least i would Think so.. *Made his sor. Chaotic Neutral*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.