1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do I heal my Flesh Golem?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Raedwulf, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Raedwulf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I like my Enhanced Flesh Golem, and am glad to have him as I head out of Z'Hinda Citadel. The problem is, I can't seem to heal him. I've tried hitting him with normal heals, and tried electricity, but nothing seems to work. If I rest for 16 hours, he heals up on his own, although resting for 8 does nothing. Is there anything but time that can heal him?

2. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Probably not, I think. Else you'd be very powerful and finishing the game would be a tad to easy.

3. Raedwulf Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks. I saw something on the official boards just now that indicated that the golem doesn't leave the citadel anyhow, and I'm just about to do so.

Oh, well.

4. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Ancalìmon leans back and grins, admiring himself for his endless wisdom

Glad I could help!

5. Charlie Gems: 14/31

The only way I know to heal the golem is to rest for 16 hours. It is interesting to note however that the golem's status changes as you move from one area to another.

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] You don't need to heal him, tis but a mere flesh wound!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

7. Raedwulf Gems: 1/31

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Wait a minute.

Is this the golem that you make with your alchemy skills down in the underdark?

If it is, then I used my paladin to "lay on hands", and it healed him right up. Other than that, I dunno.

9. Laocorn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Wait, you can get it to join you? Do I need a Transmuter in the party or something? I've never been able to get that golem started, even with my alchemy maxed. I've tried whacking it with a weapon that does electric damage, but that didn't work for me. I've made the Sanguis Amana, or whatever it is that is supposed to animate the golem, but I've never been able to bring it to life.

10. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You make the potion. Then "talk" to him. The option to use the potion will come up, with a small note afterwards "a jolt of lightening is all that's needed".

I think he's got some magic resistance to him. I don't remember how many times I've casted elec. on him, but it's always been more than once. I think one time took about 5 casts.

11. bluey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

ok -

On activation: make sure your alchemist has read how to make the potion - the next time he/she tries to use the table the option to make it should come up.

Once made, there should be an option when talking to the golem to give him this...then you need to zap him with electricity, any spell would do.

To heal him, the only things I have seen that work are resting for 16 hrs or as someone mentioned, the Paladins Lay on hands.

The golem simply disappears once you head out the door from the citadel. I personally was very bummed, since I was quite attached to mine :(

12. Charlie Gems: 14/31

It only took me one try to activate the golem. I used chain lightning.

I would advise the others to read their journals or the notes/books they find. It was clear that the golem had to be hit by electricity ala Frankenstein's monster. It was also clear that the golem wouldn't make it to the surface.

13. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Also worked for me with an throwing axe with +1d6 electricity ... one the first try ...

14. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

about healing the golem.. what about that weapon when you hit the target they get healed.. i just remember seeing it once and thought it might do something...

[ March 01, 2003, 08:09: Message edited by: Urgahzi ]

15. COPENHAGEN Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] is it possible to heal the enhanced flesh golem with the bard's song "war chant"?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.