1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN servers

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by fyernine, Oct 6, 2006.

1. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Don't know if this is the right board. Apologies if it's not. I remember long time ago when I first registered here this place was D and D only. But change is good.
    Anyway, a NWN question. Anybody able to reccomend any good servers? Years ago when i first gor NWN and posted here everyone was raving about ALFA. I played once but found myself wandering through miles of country and meeting noone and after that I lost access to my broad band so i was never able to find out if it was as good as they said it was.
    I've got a broad band connection again and would love to hear tips for a good rp server. I'm looking for something with as much RP as possible and as little power gaming as possible. Actually I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I played for a month on Stormnexus. And I absolutely loved the way the world was built, the quality of the dungeons on the server.. . fantastic.. but I left after a while. I guess I'm too fussy and the perfect server can't exist. There were a rp players there but after I'd played for a while I couldn't help getting the feeling that it was rp disguised as power gaming. Everybody seemed to be built like a tank. it was all legal, but it just didn't seem right?? (Call me old fashioned). Everyone had drawn up character builds and seemed bent on maxing out perfect characters at level 40. PLus there was a strange kind of phenomena which I can only call conga gaming. Players teamed up with buddies who were down dungeons on the other side of the world. I can understand it, but at the same it didn't seem exactly rp.
    whatever, any reccomendations?
    cheers.
    good to see SP is still here BTW

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

www.ALandFarAway.org ;)

With Neverwinter Nights 2 coming out shortly, and probably more importantly, with the Pre-release Toolset already out, you'll find most worlds slowly closing down. I know in ALFA most servers are almost empty, as many DMs are now spending their days with their heads buried in the toolset.

With the arrival of Neverwinter Nights 2, quite a few things are been done there to remove the problem you found with it. The number of servers have been cut down hugely. I was resently on a team who was charged with reviewing all Server Applications, and by memory, we accepted 7 in total. Along with smaller sized servers due to the engine limitations, it should cut down the problem of not seeing anyone :)

Also if you check out www.ShadowsOfTheSouth.net - another Neverwinter Nights 2 project, which is focusing on more or less exactly what you are looking for.

3. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

hhmmm. Now I just have to hope my outdated machine will run NWN 2. Too bad. I get a broad band connection, time for a couple of months of online gaming , then NWN is upgraded and my machine's too slow to run it.
    I'll wait and see and cross my fingers that it's as adaptable as Oblivion . .
    I was just reading some of the old ALFA threads on this forum. You actually die on ALFA. I'd forgotten about that. That's gotta be good. On all the servers I've been to in the last couple of months dying means respawning . . and what's the point of that.

4. Jinx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I reccomend lotn.tk, a great RP community where the players are often in charge of quests, even adding content and stuff to the game. It is located mainly around the Neverwinter Woods, where most of the roleplaying occurs, but roleplaying also happen while grinding. It's RP and Party based, and also quite low magic, with +4 and +5 weapons being banned, many über spells being nerfed, and with the maximum level being 25.

Besides, it doesn't take a month to get a character approved, or even an answer at all, like some other servers. *cough*ALFA*cough* ;)

[ January 21, 2007, 03:32: Message edited by: Register ]

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hey! Rotku is incharge of admissions into ALFA these days, and he can tell you that most applications are replied to within 2 days! Just you try it and you will see! :-P

Anyway, having an application system means that you know you'll just get top notch RPers, so it does have some advantages :)

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

We got great roleplayers at LotN, thank you. =P Our youngest player is 16, and he's a good guy(Swede :) ), and after that, there's a 17-year old who's a DM(his mother is a DM too o.O), but otherwise, I am the youngest, and I turn 20 this March.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.