1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Will Vic leave the PC?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Golthar, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Golthar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Im starting to Romance Vic, but somewhere I heard she will leave you, regardles of what you do...is that true?

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

no. she will leave if your rep hits 19.

3. Golthar Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Allright cool :)
    Anyways, I found the source and it says:
    "
    BIG SPOILER

The Viconia romance has a "bad" ending no matter what you do. That is, you
    sleep with her, and she then decides to break up with you. Nothing you can
    do about it, really. "

Anyways, she is just the coolest of the lot :)

4. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

R'syil, umm thats not intirely true, cuz I have SoA and ToB installed, I had a rep of 18, when I went on a killing spree untill my rep was 1, but more likely -20..lol..anyways my party was threatening about leaving if I didnt change and all that, but nobody left. Seems that in ToB or with it installed nobody leaves you, at least that what I think.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Let's start with the lie. Yes, lie.

EXCUSE ME! This was spoiler, ok, but this is definetly NOT spoiler from BG2. Viconia doesn't leave you after sleeping with her - unless you tell her so.

I see that source of yours is so advanced that it doesn't even tell after which sleeping is Viconia supposed to leave. And it doesn't tell it because Viconia does NOT leave. So, pal, next time choose some other "source". :toofar:

-------------------------------------------

Next issue: reputation problem.

It is true. If any of your evil aligned companions is in party when your reputation changes to 19 or 20 - the evil NPC leaves the party. So should Viconia.
    But there is some glitch in the game that prevents Viconia from leaving the party. I don't suggest you to test it, it happened in my game, and in many others and I don't know what caused it. Just keep your reputation below 19. Clear?

Last but not least: the real answer.

Reputation problem occurs no matter if you romancing Viconia or not.
    But there is something you must do to keep romance rolling. Dialogs.

There isn't ONE and ONLY ONE correct option in dialogs. In fact, most of dialogs have only ONE option that breaks the romance.
    In Viconia's case, these "breaking" options are not hard to spot.
    You don't need to listen to all her talks. In fact, you can tell her you're not in the mood for talking, and she will forgive you (unlike other girls) and romance continues.
    But what you mustn't do is to spit or offend her. And also, you must expect that in fact Viconia is not a bad person (the monstrous things she says later she comitted - in fact she didn't do them, but others made her suffer). Viconia is afraid of the feeling she discovered. She thinks that feeling makes her vulnerable. Viconia is afraid of love.
    In your dialogs, you have to try to make her "surrender". Not to you, but to her feelings. Beware, Viconia knows a lot about sex and she doesn't mix up sex and love.
    If she finds out that you're sleeping with her only for sex, that will automatically mean that you're not better than other males. Deep in her soul, she wants love. She wants to change.

Spoiler: Romancing Guide

For all dialog details about Viconia, check the Romancing Guide downloadable from BG2 section of this site.

6. Golthar Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Okay well that source wasnt well informed :)
    I skimmed through the guide yes (now anyways)
    But all I can tell is that she leaves in the end of SoA allthough people say she will be back in ToB.

So if I play it right and we complete the romance, will she come back to me in ToB?
    Thanks for your reply's, you have been very helpful :)

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! :mad::flaming:

Viconia does NOT leave you at the end of the romance in SoA automatically!!! If she leaves you that means you ruined the romance. Must I repeat it once more?

In ToB you can get her again if she left. But since her leaving (if happened) means that you broke the romance - NO continuing the romance in ToB!

And who was that who said that she leaves in the first place anyway? I just bought a new shotgun and I need to practice targeting...

8. Golthar Gems: 1/31

Uhm, well the afforementioned Romance guide said something about her loving you but she needs to move on?

9. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It's in Dan Simpson's walkthrough. The version I downloaded (this summer) also said that Aerie's romance was doomed to failure, but now that's been updated.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Dan Simpson again?

God save me seeing that name again. If there is anything I hate, that is putting speculations in something called "FAQ" or "Walkthrough" as those were checked thing. And based on the things people posted here (I've never read anything he wrote), I have a feeling his work contains only cheats, exploits and speculations. Beautiful. Why hasn't he wrote that he might be wrong? Why hasn't he wrote that he never tried all options?
    Hmmm, maybe even that helped someone to get along with the game, I can't say...

Whatever, you have the Romancing Guide for romances. You have SP online-solution for SoA in general. You have many tips, tricks and hints in BG2 section on this site. And the best: you have this forum for other things that are not mentioned anywhere.
    Leave Dan Simpson to speculators and cheaters.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 23, 2001).]

11. Golthar Gems: 1/31

Allright, that explains a lot :)
    Romancing it is then

12. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hey E,

That was a nice post earlier in the thread, good analysis of Viccy's situation. I was moved :)

Good piece of prose.

Reading between the lines I can see she really got to you ;)

My undead hunter now understands why :)

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Thanx Witty, see, I never got enough time to write my analysis of each romance so I took this thread to describe at least Viccy.

Yes, in her record screen is written she is "evil", but if anyone ever actually read her lines, must have suspected that either alignment is wrong or dialogs are false.
    I've always said you can't believe that you're playing "good" aligned hero and kill someone just because that one is a drow. Because in record screen says that one is evil. Who ever said that record screen contains the truth?
    It seems Black Isle thought as me, so Viconia will remove a mask of her "evil" acting and show herself as a true flower in ToB. Of course, if you mean something to her.

But don't listen to me, listen to her. Her stories may look too melodramatic, but definetly aren't of annoying nor whinning type.
    I don't want you to believe me about Viconia. I want you to believe her.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 23, 2001).]

14. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi,

Yes, spot on pal. :D

The romances can be very imersing. Jaheiras was very good.
    Aeries has been a little tricky for me (I think you might be able to understand why ;) ) and I am having problems getting into character with Anomen :D.

Viccy is so far looking promising, maybe better than Jaheira.

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] I never tried Viccy. All I know is that if you want to get either Aerie or Jaheira, get both into your party and wait for the shit to hit the fan over you. When it does, diss one to romance the other ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.