1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anticipation of ALFA Adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Muumli the Wayfarer, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In anticipation of getting a ::cough cough:: 'real' version of NWN, come Christmas, I have applied and been accepted to ALFA, and I was considering trying out a cleric, but the shear lack of spell diversity makes it difficult to stick to certain schools, if they even have the schools I want(weather??). Anyone played a cleric and have advice? Am I wasting my time?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Cleric domains in ALFA are the same ones provided by the NWN engine as far as I know, and the ALFAns are strict about what domains you can choose for your Cleric. They must be the domains that are part of your diety's portfolio.

Oh, and IMO, Clerics are the most powerful class in ALFA.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] BTA speaks the truth, even though he is a lame-Oh and never plays anymore!!! :grin: :spin: :roll:

[Hehe. I'm sure I'll come back eventually :) ] -BTA

[ December 17, 2003, 00:09: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

4. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

well, i haven't actually played a cleric in NWN :heh: , but I wanted to play a priest of Talos, and I always saw Talos as CN, not evil, per se, but the schools ALFA assigns to Talos are evil, destruction, and...Oh. I guess I never took the time to actually find out Talos' alignment, which is CE, but yeah, destruction is evil...a bit, a bit. I guess my problem is just with a lack of diverse spells in NWN.

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

You could go with CN too i think. Just act in a more evil way and if you see any bench/chair/crate bash it. ;)
    And the spells you do memorize, make them all destruction spells. Not that cleric has much of those anyway - arcane work. You could of course create a "priest" of Talos with very few levels of Cleric and mostly just Wizard/Sorcerer. Or just Arcane spellcaster. It would give you plenty of Evocation spells :thumb:

You can choose Air domain. Its pretty close to weather i suppose.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I would have to agree, Cleric's are a great class. I hate not been able to heal myself, and relying on other people, or time. It does get annoying. And they can fight, melee as well as most other classes.

Anyhow, welcome of ALFA. And feel free to come and visit the friendly people in the Pirate Ilses :p

7. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I like the idea of the travel domain in ALFA because most of the stuff is a lower level, so hopefully the entangle and web spells would work nicely.

8. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm a ranger cleric, but I chose domains that would go with my chosen deity. Most people go cleric for the healing, which is very very handy, seeing what such a high death rate there is among level 1.

A cleric is defnately a very very handy class, perhaps followed by classes such as the druid and such. The druid has the advantage of the companion, and some offensive spells along with healing. Even if they put down by their weapon selection, never bothered me.

My most successful character was a druid ;) . My second most successful is my ranger/cleric.

9. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Clerics are pretty good. I've played a couple since Live. Fade, the domains for each deity are listed in the ALFA Player's Manual. Other than domain spells a cleric has the full range of all priest spells.

Primary drawback of clerics (for me at least :p ) is that they are pretty much sitting ducks (no stealth skills, completely reliant on med or heavy armour), and they tend to be an 'all or nothing' class. They are fun to play though ;) It's always great to see well-played priests.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.