1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Forum Morphing

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Taluntain, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] OK, time to change the name & description of this forum, since it obviously became something else than it was intended for.

So, post your suggestions here.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] You could just merge it into the NWN forum...I mean, when you get right down to it, we're only talking about NWN. Even though it's mostly ALFA stuff.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I say that it should get named "ALFA" or something else like that, otherwise people will start talking about non-ALFA stuff if you merges it with the normal NWN forum.

4. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Call it: Adventure Online!

That way, other online worlds could be dicussed here too...If there are any others worth mentioning.... ;) :lol:

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

It depends whether it has to be a forum specificly for ALFA, or for NWN multiplayer/persistant worlds in general.

If this forum remains an ALFA forum, a title like 'ALFA Adventures' (like the post), or just 'A Land Far Away' sounds good. A description could be: 'For posts concerning the persistant world of ALFA'.
    I would prefer a seperate ALFA forum, even though it doesn't interest most of the member of the BoM.

If this has to become a forum for persistant worlds in general, I would suggest a title like 'Online Adventures' (or switched around like Sir Bel suggested) or 'Worlds Beyond Our Imagination' (it might be a bit long, but it was the most original title I could think of). A description could be: 'For posts concerning persistant worlds built for NWN'.

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I would too like this forum seperated from NwN forum.
    But i'd include all multiplayer adventure in it, not just ALFA. More people would see what ALFA is all about. You can see there arent all that many people visiting Phlan crier.
    Getting more people to look at the forum would be attracting more of them to ALFA. I bet half of people on SP wouldnt know what ALFA is if asked.

So i'd make something like: NwN multiplayer forum. Then when posting about ALFA you can just add ALFA: Adventures or something. Just like RC: blablabla on roleplay forum.

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

It sounds like Tal is willing to let us have this forum contiune as is "content" wise, but we need a new name for it.

(Truth is, I'd rather post this stuff here than on one of the ALFA or ALFA-knock-off boards ... this is "home" so thanks Tal!)

I almost posted a Poll last week with some forum name ideas, but got too busy at work to get it up. (bad word choice there!)

Here are a few name ideas I've had:

Phlan and Beyond
    AORTA (good name, a shame to let it go to waste, but those sorts of factions aren't running right now)
    ALFA Adventures
    Dales, Deserts and Death

Any more suggestions?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, I think it makes sense to expand the forum to include online playing of all titles... However only online-specific things should be discussed in it. Not that there are any other very online-friendly games apart from NWN and its expansions out at the moment (and not on the horizon either), but still. Makes sense to leave room for expansion. If nothing before it, NWN 2 will eventually come out...

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Adventure Online! Adventure Online! Adventure Online! Adventure Online! Adventure Online! Adventure Online! Adventure Online! Adventure Online!

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] umm, how about Adventure Online?
    :thumb:
    :good:

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Or ALFA and Omega: Gaming Online

12. Taluntain

Media:
    Come on people, I need imput from more than 2 persons. This forum is for all of you, after all.

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Following the latest trend for computer RPG naming: Shadows of the Online World ;)

14. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Online Adventures works for me, or Adventures Online. Something such as Fantasy Gaming Online would also be appropriate.

15. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

if we could sub-forum it,I would say On-Line Adventures, with an ALFA sub-forum, otherwise Online-Gaming sounds good.

16. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Online Adventures would be good, Fantasy online, Fantasy gamong online. Everyone has good ideas. And the idea of having an ALFA sub-forum sounds cool too.

17. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] I really tried to come up with something but all I end up with are stuff like:
    RPG across the globe, RPG: Meet us on-line.

And to tell the truth I really like Gnolyns "Fantasy Gaming Online" better.

18. Taluntain

Media:
    Subforums are not possible, just FYI.

19. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Belisariuses Basement Bastion

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Belisariuses Basement of Bondage?

(wait, that's a cyber-store my filter automatically blocks!) ;) :lol: :spin:

Okay, I've given this 5 minutes of thought, and would have to say ... I don't care.

Wait ... just had a thought.

Legendgs from the Front
    subtitle: Questions, Stories and Challenges from SP Residents in On-Line games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.