1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Challenges for All

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Fubini, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Fubini Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have had a couple of good ideas recently for challenges that could be quite entertaining. I would be interested to have someone try any of the following.

1. "There are some who would call me...Tim"

Solo Sorcerer using only fire-based and a few other spells that seem in character. (Maybe all evocation spells are OK, Lower Res. is OK.)

2a. Party of six Elven archers. This could be very interesting in terms of gameplay.

2b. Party of six Elven archers, each with the minimum allowed stats for that combination. (9,9,14,3,9,9 IIRC) This would be possible, but much more difficult. Certain TOB items would make it easier.

3. Play a psychotic homocidal CE PC entirely in character. Kill, steal, abuse; reputation be damned. Summon demons in the middle of cities, just for fun. I would allow the character to be intelligent and not do stupid things just to be evil. I expect them to know if they kill everyone at first, they will have so much trouble with the guards that they can't get everywhere. They also know better than to go around making everyone hostile in chapter 2. However, at some point, the benefits to the PC of an NPC remaining alive will disappear, and then the mayhem begins. At the latest, the end of chapter 6 should be a real bloodbath: sweep all of Amn clean of life. NPC's are allowed to join the party (of any alignment), but you are expected to kill any that you know you will no longer need.

2. zaknafein Guest

mwahahaha mwahahahah i like the sound of the last one

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I think that playing with six archers is great and not too hard. When you have two Long Bow, Two Crossbow and 2 short bow-fighters, they can really be more powerful then you would expect. Great idea, who will play this?

4. I think I'll take up the third one... Wish me luck!

5. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That challenge reminds me of Darth Gnomer... Ahhh, the nostalgia... ;)

Good luck, RythmicBarbarian, and may Amn tremble beneath your feet!

6. Heironeous Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

another challenge you could add onto the ones above.
    Never pause.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The dont pause one would be fun to read i dont really think it is possibly. I pause all the time every third second in battle almost.

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] The pause challenge would not be my cup of tea becuase you'd either have to go solo or go with a group that is well scripted. Six people, no scripts, and no pause = disaster. And I hate scripts simply because I am a control freak. Everyone must do what I tell them, and pause is needed to make that realistic. ;)

9. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Tim: sounds cool.

Evil: done it before clean swept al of amn and got every secret item. found all bonuses killed thouysands of guards...........one hint. Those legionares are very tough so do not underestimate them ok?!

Elven archers: i think i will do that too!

What about a holy grail party too?

10. Black Rose Guest

The Racial Powergaming Stereotypes.

Dwarven Berserker, Elven Archer, Half-Orc Barbarian and a multiclassed Gnomish Illusionist-Thief.

Interesting solo challenges might be an Archer or Stalker.

11. Hey I made a new story in Creativity Surge about the third choice. Tell me if it's good and I'll continue, ok? If it sucks, tell me to stop...:(
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000066.html

[This message has been edited by RythmicBarbarian (edited November 10, 2001).]

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Good luck everybody. Tell us how it goes on Creativity Surge!

13. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Another challenge: Play through BG1 with a party that consists of the worst NPCs (or rather, those that the SP members think are the worst). This would be interesting, if somewhat easy...

14. All females

All males

anti-mage. I mean mage with no spell using. Solo.

15. zaknafein Guest

to do a no pausing thing i would have to tie my left hand behind my back

16. Drow babe and her faithful servants/play a evil drow and take all male NPCS

17. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Im in for the elfish archers.

18. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ok how bout a game of 3 totemic druids. and 3 bards(no sub-classes).

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Soloing with Raistlin.

Ara
    (Fangirl of the worst kind... I admit)

20. Lithorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Here's two new challenges.

1. Solo halfling theif with no ranged weapons.

2. A solo mage that can only memorize three first level spells, two second level spells, and 1 third level spell. Period. No other spells allowed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.