1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aerie needed for quests?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Yoseph, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Yoseph Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Do you need to have Aerie in your group for any quests

[ June 16, 2004, 22:58: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well, after the Circus quest you dont. But you do for that one.

4. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

No you dont :p

5. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You could use her in the circusquest or you could not. The same goes for turning her back from her ogre form (has anybody refused to turn her back or killed her in that form?). If you have her in the party you'll are asked at one point to return to the circustent where another quest is triggered, but that same quest is also triggered if you enter a specific location, so she is not needed for it. If you keep her in the party together with the person you can gain in that quest there is more innerparty dialogue between her and that person. You can also romance her and if you keep that other person around it can become quiet spicy ;) And if you romance her, another quest is activated but this is the same for any romanceble NPC so even for this she is not required. Weird, trying to write a complete answer without spoilers :D

6. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

To my considerable shame, I did my first game. I used the suspicious "I'm not going to give an ogre a sword!" dialogue reply, so the illusion became real to me and I had to kill her.

7. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Having her in the party with Minsc, will mean that at some point you can't easily get rid of her without Minsc as well.

She is much maligned for he abilities, but she can be very very powerful later on.

8. Thunder Gems: 7/31

You can still get rid of her even with minsc in the party, without him leaving to. It's not like in BG1 where there are partners you HAVE to keep to have the person you want (or who has to fight ogres without weapons or armor ;) )

How much XP's do you gain from killing her actually?

9. Cryohydropyro Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Very little. It's not even worth killing her. What's more, you get a reputation drop once you do.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You do not gain any experience from killing party-joinable NPCs.

11. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31

@Thunder: Once she becomes Minsc's witch, he will leave if you ask her to leave. Either kill her or preferably leave her in a building somewhere. Or get rid of her before Minsc takes her for his witch.

12. Drunken Smurf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Regardless of her insanity inspiring banter, and her quest related value, I have to admit that toward the later stages of the game/trilogy, Aerie is one of the most powerful characters in the game. It is a beautiful thing to be able to create spell triggers consisting of high level mage spells as well as 7th level clerical spells.

13. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Aerie is needed just for a while but nonetheless is worth a try, despite what is said all over this forum.

14. Djieff Gems: 7/31

Agreed that Aerie is a very good character -- and I don't find her nearly as annoying as others do -- but, as others have said, she is NOT required for ANY quest. You don't even need to add her to the party to do the circus tent.

15. Hugo Gems: 15/31

Correct, most of you - she is indeed not any quest prerequisite or trigger.
    However, she can be powerful, she has a romance, and I think she is very cute actually - a little overly fragile and weak as a person from time to time, but I romanced her the first time through and enjoyed every bit of it.
    :borg:

16. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

What other quest do you get if Aerie is in your party? I've had her in my party from SOA to the end of TOB and never got additional quests.

17. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

As everyone has said, no extra quest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.