1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Xan Party/sword question

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by DarkHunterz, Jun 26, 2001.

1. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] ok i just got him!
    and Man i want his SWORD Moonblade
    is there any way i can use it
    or is there a way to import him
    And do you think if i name my guy Xan
    will i be aBLE TO USE IT LOL?
    tell me if the sword is not worth the trouble so i can just forget about plz
    and should i kept him in my party???
    :eek:

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yeah, I know, I know. This has been discussed to death, but I'll add my 1 cent worth again. I didn't like Xan. I'm rather picky, but I like all my mages to be able to cast magic missle, simple as that. Plus his attitude is unnerving. If you want to take him just for the sword, I'd suggest against it for the simple reason that mages should never enter into melee. If they do, sword or no sword, that's their ass. If you like him, then by all means take him; I just didn't. Now for the sword. As far as I know, there is no way for any other character named Xan or otherwise ;) to use the sword. Sorry, your're just out of luck there.

3. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My understanding is that it is tied in with his scripts so ONLY he can use it.

4. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

i don't care much it just looked really cool and a mage has no use for it any way like you said

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Xan is actually the kind of mage that goes into melee with all those Necromantic spells that require touch. Just get him Mirror Imaged and he'll do allright with those and his Moonblade. I kept Xan until his lack of area-effect spells bugged me too much; had I read the description of Skull Trap more closely I may have kept him (but maybe not). When I first tried Skull Trap with him he was pretty low level and it hardly did anything, so I never used it again; my mistake... :)

6. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

but now im thinking Xan might be useless to me who is beeter Xan or the Mage you meet in the begining (i forgot his name) i have both in my party now so i can remove one which one should i remove
    i think Xan might be better but i gave tons of scrolls to write in his book to the other guy :( maybe a mistake

[This message has been edited by DarkHunterz (edited June 26, 2001).]

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

AH right, make yourself a fighter/mage and you got a much better Xan.

8. GermanSoldier Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

As you know it worths as AC 1 and 50 fire resistance and dont forget that if you keep another mage in your party you will use him only for his damage spells but Xan is quite enough to protect himself with armor and mirrorimage and he damages with moonblade well.he can also cast haste and skulltrap so dont throw him away..i finished BG and IWD for several times and for BG in 3 games i used Xan in stead of edwin or dynair..also i am using him in my party playing ;)

9. rangerdan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] What was so great about Zan't sword? My favorite is the Moonblade (possibly only available in BGII). I would dump Zan, for he complains too much, an unless you have a Bard in the group (to sing), your party's morale goes way down. Another thing, try the mage Quale. He can use a sling (to stay out of the main action), and can cast a lot of spells.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Moonblade is available in BG1 only... and every mage can use a sling.... I prefer Dynaheir or a mage I created by my own.

11. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

you can "edit" the scripts of Xan and your char match the disimilarities and you can use the moonblade

[This message has been edited by [sOv]Storm (edited July 08, 2001).]

12. DarkCroll Banned

the best mages is imoen and xan thats it

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.