1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Magic question

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by DarkHunterz, Jun 23, 2001.

1. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

ok is a Cleric the only 1 who uses Priest spells and what whould happen i was a
    multiclass cleric/mage whos spells whould i get???? the cleric's or the mage's?

2. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You'd get both mage and clerical spells which is why cleric/mages are good since they have large amounts of spells.

3. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

should i work on getting
    a robe or armor?
    cuase i just read that u can't use mage spells while you a wereing armor

[This message has been edited by DarkHunterz (edited June 23, 2001).]

4. Dudette Gems: 8/31

i would get a robe and armor, armor for when you are about to go into a big fight, and a robe for when you are just walking around

5. Tyresian Gems: 8/31

Why armor for big fights? Then he can't use his mage spells in big fights so what good is being a cleric/mage? Just get a robe of the archmagi.

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yeah get a good robe, a nice large shield of some sort, a good helm, and whatever other armor class bonuses you want to acquire through rings, bracers, etc. Don't use the armor though. A cleric mage shouldn't be getting into melee anyway. Keep them near the back with the other mages so they can work their magic without being smacked around by more powerful fighters. If you want to make him offensive, give him a sling or something ;)

7. Avooch Dar Guest

Yeah cos i don't think it is godd to role paly if you where armor. (especially in bg2 where you can't take it off during combat)

Plus read the faq about spelling in that way. If tal sees you do that he will go even redder

8. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

do you know where to get
    the robe of archmagi????

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The robe of the good and neutral arch-magi can be bought at High Hedge for around about 22000 GP, the robe of the evil arch-magi can be looted from the body of Daeveron ( the boss of the cloakwood mines).

10. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

cool thankx
    and i did not install the patch
    so there is is 2 rings of wizard
    right i have the first 1 but where
    the second?

11. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Ring of Wizardry - There were originally two rings, one near FAI (Friendly Arm Inn), the other on a mage Sunin in SW BG city. The official patch removes the one in FAI, so the only ring of wizardry left in the game is the one on Sunin.
    Before patch: On FAI map, look for a pine tree with a few rocks at its base along the southern border of the map (lower right edge of map). Look carefully around the tree's base. The ring is quite small. Coordinates of ring location are x=2554, y=3758. Pressing the L key will give you the coordinates and the map area number to where your mouse is pointing.

All that above was taken from Tal's BG encyclopedia that you can find in the BG section of this site:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  12. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

Im editing this
    so i don't have to double post
    ok i have the mouse right on x2555 y3758
    and the pointer did not change
    so i cant pick it up
    i have version 1.1.4315
    and thats not the patch! so whats wrong?

[This message has been edited by DarkHunterz (edited June 25, 2001).]

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I suppose the ring is no more there in this path or you just miss the small ring.....

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Or he's on the wrong map. Or installed TOSC which also counts as applying the patch.

15. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have played it with TOSC installed and the ring was still there. Maybe it's different in the German version.

16. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] hummmm o yea i was out side the walls of FAI
    thats right ok humm if i have the other 1 would that effect it? i spent all my $ on
    Shadow armor for Imeon (however you spell her name)whats that a good idea i have it saved before i bought it in 1 file and after
    in another should i kept the armor for her or does she stink later on in the game?

[This message has been edited by DarkHunterz (edited June 25, 2001).]

17. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Besides Coran, Imoen is the best thief in the game. A lot of people like to dual her to a mage at 5th or 6th level, but I kept her as a straight thief and was well satisfied. I also shelled out the bucks for the Shadow Armor for her as well.

The only problem that I had with her was her low strength score...geez she couldn't carry a load of toilet paper without being overburdened.

[This message has been edited by Havok (edited June 26, 2001).]

18. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

hahaha :) yea i know her strength is like
    9 when you first get her i think
    i got her a short bow +1 too
    where are the boots of stealth???

And she is purple! np thou i made her all black. a purple thief i wonder how she could even hide

[This message has been edited by DarkHunterz (edited June 26, 2001).]

19. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

DarkHunterz
    If possible, you definitely want both rings of wizardry : The 1st doubles your number of 1st level spells/day, and the 2nd doubles it again!!

20. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31

is 1.1.4... (whatever) the patch that takes away the ring??????? cuase i was looking for
    at least an half-hour i know i didn't miss
    it o wait would Tosc take way the ring? someone esle said it didn't but then he said in the german version of the game?? and just to make me sound more stupid i never knew what quick spell was intill a week ago i was left clicking on it for months lol

[This message has been edited by DarkHunterz (edited June 26, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.