1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can you guys help me out?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by dragoon169, Dec 7, 2003.

1. dragoon169 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've been making new games, playing through for 5 mins, then leaving to play something else for more than 3 weeks now. It just seems repetitive to me. And another wierd thing is I can only finish the game(actually my first time finishing it) when I'm a paladin. Any other class and I quit...You guys have any suggestions to some good mods and maybe paladin kits availabe that will make the game different?

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

dude, it's like a book. The first few chapters always kinda suck, but as soon as you learn the characters and get into the story you end up not being able to put it down! Same with BG2. I would recommend downloading the Dungeon-Be-Gone mod from Forgotten Wars website. I know that rekindled my love affair with SoA.

I'd play with a Druid. Those characters are so interesting. I can't explain it... it's like playing a character that has nothing but nature on his mind changes the outlook of your own life. WWDD. What Would Druids Do? :D

3. dragoon169 Gems: 3/31

I have Dungeon Be Gone, and I have to say, it is one of the BEST mods out there. I guess I'll just try to stick with it one more time, and hopefully go through ToB(ahahah, I beat SoA once...but I could'bt bring myself to go though ToB). As for a class, which is more interesting:
    Archer, Ranger/Cleric, Fighter/Cleric, Fighter, mage?

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Archer or Ranger/Cleric. Both are pretty powerful, but there's an added bonus to a Ranger/Cleric.... you don't have to take Anomen.

5. dragoon169 Gems: 3/31

hehe, I don't really like the fact that Clerics can't use swords, so thank god for Ascension.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

No... thank god for Crom Faeyr and Flail of Ages! ;)

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Huum you could ¨cheat¨ by giving yerself 20,000 GP to give right-o to Galen. Also you could give you Magical item and the XP you would have get from doing quest so you'll skip the repetive chapter of Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow of Amn. Crom faeyr isn't all that great ya need to give up many awsome magical item to get it.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

I had my Berserker/Cleric dual wielding Crom and the FoA +5 and he had over half the kills! I had Minsc and Keldorn there too... two of the most killing-spree NPC's.

Crom by itself is basically useless, but dual it with a powerful weapon on your main hand and it takes things to a new level.
    Korgan+Crom+Axe of the Unyielding=dead bad guys
    Crom+any weapons=dead bad guys.

Besides, by the time ToB rolls around I didn't even need all my Girdles of Str - and the only actual sacrifice is the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength, but you get the Girdle of Fire Giant Strength fairly soon in ToB. There's also a sword that gives you 22 STR, there's the Machine of Lum the Mad (you can give anyone with 18 STR a 19 score) and there's magic to increase your STR when it really matters.

9. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

What does that Dungeon-Be-Gone do?

EDIT: :doh: I could have checked that somewhere else.. But I just had pressed the Submit -button when I thought of that.

10. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

havent checked out that mod myself (guess im one of those who can play through irennies dungie :D ) anyway, wont you miss out on some useful items if you skip irenicus dungeon?

like: sword of chaos, neklace of metal influence, bracers of defence and the pommel jewel?

oh well, guess you can skip those items if you are really, really sick of irennis dungeon :p

11. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Dungeon-Be-Gone introduces an NPC who meets you straight out of your cage. He teleports you to Yoshimo, then out. He also gives you a representative amount of XP and the magical items you'd get if you played through. So you don't miss anything.

I'm thinking of teleporting straight out and imagining Jaheira's and Minsc's faces as I leave them to their fate...

12. dragoon169 Gems: 3/31

I guess my love for Baldurs Gate 2 has come back with the creation of my Ranger/Cleric and installing tactics mod, which IMO is one of the best mods out there. Nothings boring anymore yay!

13. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I was like that with BG 1... I played through BGII SoA and ToB like a maniac, and then I decided to go back and try to finish BG since BGII was so awesome. I totally forced myself for the first 1/3, but after that, it was awesome and I was SO into it.

Good things take time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.